I would like to know your results.

Options
I am fairly new to MFP and have just started using Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer (TMT) This morning was my 3rd workout and WOW can I feel it; but in a good way:happy:

I would just like to know how many of you out there are doing this workout, how long you've been at it and what your results have been. I am trying to do the accelerated program so I am doing 3 workouts a day and only going to do the yoga on "rest" days. I am far too impatient to wait for results by doing 1 workout a day.:grumble:

Also if anyone has suggestions on how to use the resistance bands for the upper body workout if you have no door to attach it to. I've found I can do some by standing on the band with one/both feet; I've tried to put it across my shoulders to do the chest presses but it just rolls up onto my neck and doesn't work. I've also tried this with a plain flat resistance band but had the same results.

I know a lot of you are into the P90X but that is just too advanced for me. Maybe one day I will graduate to it but I think that day is a long ways off yet.

Any imput or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• tookieb
    tookieb Posts: 89
    Options
    I am fairly new to MFP and have just started using Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer (TMT) This morning was my 3rd workout and WOW can I feel it; but in a good way:happy:

I would just like to know how many of you out there are doing this workout, how long you've been at it and what your results have been. I am trying to do the accelerated program so I am doing 3 workouts a day and only going to do the yoga on "rest" days. I am far too impatient to wait for results by doing 1 workout a day.:grumble:

Also if anyone has suggestions on how to use the resistance bands for the upper body workout if you have no door to attach it to. I've found I can do some by standing on the band with one/both feet; I've tried to put it across my shoulders to do the chest presses but it just rolls up onto my neck and doesn't work. I've also tried this with a plain flat resistance band but had the same results.

I know a lot of you are into the P90X but that is just too advanced for me. Maybe one day I will graduate to it but I think that day is a long ways off yet.

Any imput or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • christymt
    Options
    Hey Tookie,

I am in my 7th week of P90X...which is also a Tony Horton program, and I absolutely love it...
    The scale has not moved all that much 7lbs, but I went and bought a size 10 jeans today after wearing 14s...so I dropped that much inches in 7 weeks. I haven't fit into anything like this since I met my husband 7 years and 3 kids ago...I would recommend a Tony Horton video to everyone and anyone...

Just stick with it...you will start seeing results after about 3 or 4 weeks, but you should start feeling stronger after the first week....

Good to know I have a beachbody pal here.

best of luck to you,
    Christy
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Tookieb...Maybe you can try actual handweights for the exercise that you cant use the resistance band with? Just an idea...

~Roni