who here has upped there fiber content

Options
They say the average person doesnt get enough fiber which is recommended 25-30 grams

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    They say the average person doesnt get enough fiber which is recommended 25-30 grams
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    i try to get in at least 25 but normally im at 32 or so.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    i try to get in at least 25 but normally im at 32 or so.

thats good i will get there soon gotta go slow other wise u will get negative effects you know constipation :sad: :sick:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    MFP tells me 14 grams a day. I eat fresh veggies, high grain bread, whole grain pasta. What else can you do to increase the fiber?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I eat a minimum of 25 g a day but am also usually more in the 30's.

I have fiber one bars and the Thomas Multi-grain english muffins have a lot. I eat a lot of stuff that is fiber rich. Helps keep me full AND regular!! :wink: :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

I have fiber one bars and the Thomas Multi-grain english muffins have a lot. I eat a lot of stuff that is fiber rich. Helps keep me full AND regular!! :wink: :laugh:

Pretty much the same here Tam. I eat a Fiber One bar and oatmeal almost every day, along with veggies.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    MFP tells me 14 grams a day. I eat fresh veggies, high grain bread, whole grain pasta. What else can you do to increase the fiber?

I just aim higher on my fiber content then MFP tells me too just because I know my body needs more of it-- I eat alot of high fiber foods
  • TamTastic
    Options

I just aim higher on my fiber content then MFP tells me too just because I know my body needs more of it-- I eat alot of high fiber foods
    I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah say that women should aim for at least 25 g a day, so that is what I have my goal on here set for and I usually surpass it.
  • mrsyac2
    Options

I gotta try those english muffins so I can make a healthier egg mcmuffin at home- do they have multi grain bagels too- Im gonna have to check
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I like fiber one bars too I havent had any in forever thanks I will grab them at the store for my desk drawer
  • TamTastic
    Options

I gotta try those english muffins so I can make a healthier egg mcmuffin at home- do they have multi grain bagels too- Im gonna have to check
    Thats what I often have for breakfast. I use the multi-grain english muffin and egg white and lean canadian bacon. If I have some chopped broccoli or tomato, I sometimes add it to the egg white. I actually have the Liquid Egg Whites in my fridge. I pour 1/4 cup in a bowl sprayed with pam and microwave for 1 minute (sometimes 30 seconds more).......and it's done!! Easy and between the complex carbs and protein, I am good to go for a long time!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    anything WHOLE GRAIN (not multi-grain), and fresh veggies!!!! as long as you drink enough water you will not get constipated.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    anything WHOLE GRAIN (not multi-grain), and fresh veggies!!!! as long as you drink enough water you will not get constipated.

I thought that too but I suffer very badly from constipation I drink 64oz of water a day and it doesnt help
  • mrsyac2
    Options

Thats what I often have for breakfast. I use the multi-grain english muffin and egg white and lean canadian bacon. If I have some chopped broccoli or tomato, I sometimes add it to the egg white. I actually have the Liquid Egg Whites in my fridge. I pour 1/4 cup in a bowl sprayed with pam and microwave for 1 minute (sometimes 30 seconds more).......and it's done!! Easy and between the complex carbs and protein, I am good to go for a long time!

I love ham egg and cheese bagels if I could make one thats lower in calories that would be great its the bagel that kills me -- but i will try the english muffin idea possibly with low sugar jelly to eat at work- i need quick breakfast ideas for while I am at work I dont have time to eat at home AT ALL!!! i eat at work every morning usually protein shakes or protein bars something I can just grab and go
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at my fiber intake until now - I am WAY too low. Only around 10 grams a day. I will get some fiber one bars. Start eating more oatmeal. Not to big on whole grain breads but I'll try.

So it helps keep you full and "regular" - what if I am ok with both anyway??
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    How can you increase your amount of fiber in your food diary? I always eat bt 25-35, but I didnt know how to change it on here... Just wondering
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I haven't looked at my fiber intake until now - I am WAY too low. Only around 10 grams a day. I will get some fiber one bars. Start eating more oatmeal. Not to big on whole grain breads but I'll try.

then thats fine for you but your body/digestive system needs fiber to keep your pipes moving people carry anywhere to 8lbs or more in there bowels (not to be nasty) but fiber helps you go and who knows you might be surprised you might drop a few--

They say for every meal you eat thats how many times you should go #2 the next day- I know that was pretty blunt sorry- but its true-it can help with alot of things
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Where does it show what MFP recommends a day for your fiber? Does it keep track for you so that you know your eating enough? Ive been filling out my food log here everyday...

~Roni
  • chrissyh
    Options

then thats fine for you but your body/digestive system needs fiber to keep your pipes moving people carry anywhere to 8lbs or more in there bowels (not to be nasty) but fiber helps you go and who knows you might be surprised you might drop a few--

They say for every meal you eat thats how many times you should go #2 the next day- I know that was pretty blunt sorry- but its true-it can help with alot of things

Well if it's once per meal - then I guess I'm not so normal afterall!! I'll work hard on increasing.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Where does it show what MFP recommends a day for your fiber? Does it keep track for you so that you know your eating enough? Ive been filling out my food log here everyday...

~Roni
    How can you increase your amount of fiber in your food diary? I always eat bt 25-35, but I didnt know how to change it on here... Just wondering

When in food, go to settings - you can add fiber to show up in your list. To increase it - go to your goals.