help with staying committed

Options
does anyone else experience this? i really want to be healthy and stay within my limits but sometmies i just fall off the wagon BUT its only ever with sweets/choc, never fried food or cake or anything. its weird and its always my downfall! i cant go more than about two days without doing so, what am i doing wrong!!
thanks!

Replies

• gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    does anyone else experience this? i really want to be healthy and stay within my limits but sometmies i just fall off the wagon BUT its only ever with sweets/choc, never fried food or cake or anything. its weird and its always my downfall! i cant go more than about two days without doing so, what am i doing wrong!!
    thanks!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well, bluntly, you're not saying No. But, that's the hard part, isn't it? If it were so blinkin' easy, MFP would be out of business, and none of us would be here. The hold that foods, particularly chocolate and sweets, have over us is incredible-- the more days you're away from it, the easier it will become. I was a total bear the first couple weeks I really became dedicated to this journey. Looking back now, I realize it was some type of withdrawal to the crap I ate. I was dedicated and avoided the sweets, but oh my, the toll it took on my disposition until it was totally gone from the system.

Only thing you can do is keep trying, hour by hour, day by day, to avoid the temptation. The farther you get from it, the less of a pull it will have on you.

You can do it-- keep trying! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    thanks!

we are human-- If you like sweets try eating the sugar free kinds I got the sugar free reeses cups (minis) and the york peppermint patties in sugar free and suprisingly they are good- I gave them to my coworkers to try and they liked them too alot of people are skeptical over the sugar free candies thinking they will be nasty but they were good and fairly low in calories.

Its also about will power-- I cant knock you I resisted the chocolate chip cookies since sunday and finally gave into them yesterday (it wasnt worth it)