New Group 17 DD starting today.... 7/18

Options
Starting Cycle 1 of 17 Day Diet today, would anyone like to join up and help keep each other motivated?

Replies

• Meglm1117
    Meglm1117 Posts: 70
    Options
    What is cycle 17 DD?
  • lunytoons
    lunytoons Posts: 1
    Options
    So what do you do differently on this 17 day diet that is different??
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yes, details!
  • mjhartness
    mjhartness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's the 17 Day Diet, book featured on Oprah, Dr. Phil and the Doctors. Basically, each cycle is 17 Days. It's all clean eating, limiting carbs the first 17 days, slowing adding them back in the next 17 days.

Cycle 1 is fresh veggies (cleansing vegetables), fish and chicken and fruit, along w/ probiotic ~ (kefir) greek yogurt, green tea and lots of water. Sugar is out, alcohol is out, bread in all forms is out. Lots of water.....

On cycle 1 you have two fruits per day, but before 2 pm. This is all very clean and sensible. lean protein, lots of green and colorful veggies........ exercise.

Thats about it......
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Thanks for the add!

I am on day 1 now....let's keep track of each other!

I am excited about this!

Renee
    :wink:
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'd love to! Please add me to the group!
  • LAD1108
    LAD1108 Posts: 5
    Options
    I found this site by accident, and boy am I glad that I did. I started the 17 day diet on Monday, so I am on Cycle 1 Day 3 and so far so good. I haven't weighed myself yet, but i feel like maybe I lost some weight. Today I have been a bit sick to my stomach, I do not know if it is the diet or the heat and humidity that we are experiencing in PA.

I was on WW for 6 weeks and only lost 5lbs--I do not like their new program and quit.

I am determined to lose the weight and nothing (including me) will stop me. I am tired of feeling uncomfortable with myself---so I am in.
  • LAD1108
    Options
    Well today I am on day 4 of cycle 1---total weight loss is 5.6 lbs--I know most of it is water weight, but just seeing the numbers go down keeps me motivated. I can feel a difference in my clothes, which is nice. This plan is much, much better than WW. My goal is to lose another 10 lbs. by the time I go on vacation on 8/24/11....I just keep telling myself if I can lose the 10 lbs. I will be able to buy new clothes in a SMALLER size.....
  • mjhartness
    Options
    Well today I am on day 4 of cycle 1---total weight loss is 5.6 lbs--I know most of it is water weight, but just seeing the numbers go down keeps me motivated. I can feel a difference in my clothes, which is nice. This plan is much, much better than WW. My goal is to lose another 10 lbs. by the time I go on vacation on 8/24/11....I just keep telling myself if I can lose the 10 lbs. I will be able to buy new clothes in a SMALLER size.....

That is awesome! Keep at it girl! 10 lbs in a month is absolutely do-able! You are rocking it! I am also on Day 4 and I think this is gonna be a great day, hope to get my exercise in this evening......and I didn't have my lemon water this morning....out of lemons.... Have a great one!
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Also check out this thread lots of 17 day dieters too who have had great sucess

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279777-the-17-day-diet
  • mjhartness
    Options
    Cycle 1 Day 5

How is everyone doing today? The last time I did Cycle 1, I found day 5 to be the hardest for some reason, this time .... so far so good! Had a nice lady (90) offer me some gum drops and pie at work and I politely declined :) Now, last week, I would have taken them with the intention of giving them to the kids when I got home from work and then I would have eaten them in the car on my way home. I think this is what they call on this site a NSV (non scale victory!) :tongue:

What are you guys having for your dinner? I think it's more grilled salmon and mixed greens for me, makes a great salad w/ cleansing veggies!
  • serendipityrr
    Options
    I am on C1D4 as well....for dinner....ground turkey burgers (minus the bun, of coure!),broccoli and cauliflower....
    might do a spinach salad too...

I am at the point where I really need to look up some recipies to get me through, I find my taste buds getting bored!

I'll do that now!

• mjhartness
    Options
    Good Morning 17 DD'ers!

I had a few slip ups yesterday.......did not get all of my water in, did not get all of my green tea..........ate some hummus....I was unprepared to be away from home so long. Preparation, I'm finding out is the key to success on this diet....especially the first cycle which is more restrictive.

Will do much better today! Anyone out there drink green smoothies? It's actually a green drink........I consider a smoothie something w/ added juice or fruits........this is just green veggies, blended w/ ice and water..........

Have a great day everyone, going to weigh in tomorrow.....

Marci
  • mjhartness
    Options
    I am on C1D4 as well....for dinner....ground turkey burgers (minus the bun, of coure!),broccoli and cauliflower....
    might do a spinach salad too...

I am at the point where I really need to look up some recipies to get me through, I find my taste buds getting bored!

I'll do that now!

Keep us posted if you find some good recipes....I am at the same point.
  • mjhartness
    Options
    Well, I slipped up over the weekend and had a glass of merlot.......a big glass...............food was ok. Exercise was just a walk. Will get myself back on track for the remainder of this!
  • serendipityrr
    Options
    I found tonnes of recipes....totally saved me today!

follow this link
    > http://thedoctorstv.com/forums/527-17-Day-Diet-Recipes

:flowerforyou:
  • serendipityrr
    Options
    Well, I slipped up over the weekend and had a glass of merlot.......a big glass...............food was ok. Exercise was just a walk. Will get myself back on track for the remainder of this!

Are you back on now???
  • mjhartness
    Options
    Yes! Back on Track :noway:

Morning going well............how is everyone doing?
  • serendipityrr
    Options
    I'm doing well...since I can change up my dinners a bit more!

Tomorrow is day 10....I am excited to see how much weight will be gone after 17 days!
  • LAD1108
    Options
    Well today is day 12 and I have lost 9.8 lbs. I am very happy with my progress so far. I go on vacation in 4 weeks and would love to have another 10 lbs off.