Scared...

Options
My dad had a small heart attack today.

I am a mess. I am terrified and I have no idea how to deal.

I already drowned my sorrows in McDonalds French Fries and I don't particularly care about about messing up my calories today.

What I do care about is that this was a huge wake up call for all of us. I don't want anything to happen to him. I don't want anything to happen to any of us and we are all obese. This journey is about a lot more than wearing cute clothes.

I don't even know how to feel right now. This just isn't good. :cry:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    My dad had a small heart attack today.

I am a mess. I am terrified and I have no idea how to deal.

I already drowned my sorrows in McDonalds French Fries and I don't particularly care about about messing up my calories today.

What I do care about is that this was a huge wake up call for all of us. I don't want anything to happen to him. I don't want anything to happen to any of us and we are all obese. This journey is about a lot more than wearing cute clothes.

I don't even know how to feel right now. This just isn't good. :cry:
  • dezmoore
    dezmoore Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing lady! Setting a wonderful example for you and your family. Be vocal to your family and get them to get on the train right now.. make a pac with them that you all are going to get through this together and next time this year you all are going to be you--- ONLY BETTER!!! I am sorry you all had to go through this today. my best and stay STRONG... One day...minute...hour at a time.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The last thing you should be worrying about is your caloric intake. Your father and family will be in my prayers tonight. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Take care of your family, now they need comfort and love, then move onto encouragement and healthy lifestyles (this will include your dad!) I'll be thinking of you and your family...keep your chin up.:flowerforyou:
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree... this journey is not about wearing cute clothes... I am 57 and went to the dr. and found that I have high chlorestrol, high blood sugar... I was given 6 months to change my habits and lose weight before he put me on meds.... what a wake-up call for me. I go back this month and, I am sure, will have bloodwork again... I am hoping everything has lowered because of my weight loss and healthier life style..

Luckily - the heart attack your father was small.... this could be a blessing in disguise.... try to get everyone in your family on the same track that you are on. I know what it is to be told that the most influential man in your life is ill.... my father passed away from cancer and I still think about him everyday... do what you can now to help him change his lifestyle.... but it is still his responsibility.

As for you... one day with this news... I wouldn't worry about my calories... only about the ability to deal with the news... whatever you need to get you through and then the next day start anew.

Blessings to you and your family during this time...it is a toughie!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    So sorry. :flowerforyou: Both my parents died from heart attacks. Dad was 41. All his sibs lived into their 80's. Go figure.

Needless to say I am very vigilant about all my risk factors.

Take care of yourself. We're thinking of you.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

It is appreciated.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You & your family will definitely be in my prayers! Be gentle with yourself, but at the same time, keeping focused on positive things you can do (sticking with your eating & fitness routines as much as you can) will also help you cope, so hang in there. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My sympathies are with both you and your family at this time.
    I know it's hard but you must try and stay strong for yourself & your family, you all need all the support and energy you can get right now.
    I lost my grandad to a heart attack - he was 73, my dad has had 3 mini heart attacks, and I have looked after people that have suffered heart attacks.
    The main thing to remember is, just be there for each other, don't worry too much about your calories at this sad time, however, try to eat sensibly.
    I'm thinking of you & your family, hope your dad gets better soon :flowerforyou:
    Take care
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    You poor thing!
    I am so sorry this happened, and you and your father will be in my prayers tonight, sweetheart.
    Take care.
    :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers:flowerforyou: