Alcoholic Drinks

Options
Im heading out with some girlfriends in a few days for some drinks. Which have the lower calorie count? I know beer has alot, but what about mixed drinks? What would be best for me to drink that night?

Replies

• sheer_abulous
    Options
    I hear vodka, lime and soda water is a low cal...
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Water would be best. I know, I know...you're going out with friends. Limit your drinks to 1 or 2 but realize you are slowing your metabolism for a few days. As for what to drink, I've heard vodka...don't drink that stuff so I'm not sure.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wine has 110-130 cals per 5 oz. Riesling or White Zin are awesome! :o) Have a glass of water inbetween glasses, and you'll be set at 2 glasses for the evening!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Distilled liquors with no calorie mixers/chasers or the ultra light beers (MGD 64 or Bud Select 55) are the lowest calorie.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The majority of mixed drinks are full of sugar so I would steer clear of those. I prefer red wine. Approximately 25 calories per ounce.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have gin and slimline tonic, around 55 cals per glass.
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do stay away from the Long Island Iced Teas!! Almost 800 calories per drink! Stick with the wine or maybe a apple martini.
  • corpsechick
    Options
    Wine isn't terrible. If you have a favorite wine, I would try and look through the foods to see what it comes up as. If there is a brand of alocohol you like best go to their website and see if you can find calorie content there. Budweiser Select 55 isn't a great beer but it is only 55 calories. So if I need a little beer fix, I will drink one or 2 of those. Good luck.
  • alleyag
    alleyag Posts: 142
    Options
    Water would be best. I know, I know...you're going out with friends. Limit your drinks to 1 or 2 but realize you are slowing your metabolism for a few days. As for what to drink, I've heard vodka...don't drink that stuff so I'm not sure.

Agreed 100%. For me having one or two is just not worth it. I usually only drink at weddings (some) or vacations. Order a club soda with lime if you feel out of place. Other wise if you are going to have something. Vodka, club soda is your best bet from a calorie standpoint. Use lemon or lime to sweeten. Vodka is about 60 cals per oz.I would stay away from diet soda. That's a whole other augment.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i drink rum and diet coke or long islands but long islands are not low calorie lol
  • kathrynvculek
    kathrynvculek Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka waters with some lemon and lime mixed in. It's about the most bang you can get for your calorie buck. Select 55 is also a pretty decent choice. I just don't like beer because I feel bloated.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Any hard liquor/spirit with a diet mixer will be fine, like tequila, regular rum (not flavored), vodka, gin or whisky. Wine or light beers.
  • leecee18
    leecee18 Posts: 20
    Options
    I will have a rum and diet (coke or pepsi) with lime once and a while when I go out with friends. Get the clear rum because clear alcohol is more easily processed in the body...this drink is great for summer! Gin and seltzer with lime is delish, too, if you are the type to avoid artificial sweetener. Also, I make something called the skinny lemon and it is 1 oz. vodka with lemon juice and water to taste, with a stevia packet or splenda packet added. It kind of like a Mike's but with less of a calorie punch...any bartender will make this for you if they are not extremely busy. :) Hope this helps!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Agreed 100%. For me having one or two is just not worth it. I usually only drink at weddings (some) or vacations. Order a club soda with lime if you feel out of place. Other wise if you are going to have something. Vodka, club soda is your best bet from a calorie standpoint. Use lemon or lime to sweeten. Vodka is about 60 cals per oz.I would stay away from diet soda. That's a whole other augment.

LOL, kills me how people think they are doing themselves a favor with diet soda. UMMM, NOT!!!!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Vodka and club soda with lime is your best bet. Stay away from vodka tonics though. Tonic water has calories and sugar that you don't need.
  • littlebones14
    Options
    Gin or vodka and tonic, drop in a slice of lime and it's pretty refreshing and low cal.