Atkins Diet Shakes advice please?

Options
Hi
After having 6 months off from a slipped disc I am now looking at getting back into exercise and heathy eating.

I wondered if anyone could tell me whether I could have an Atkins shake as a mid morning snack but not actually stick to the atkins diet?

I would have porridge fo breakfast, shake for mid morning, healthy lunch like jacket potato tuna and then a snack mid pm and and evening meal?

I just wondered if I was better off have the maxi tone ones - though have heard they are pretty vile!

I have tried the atkins shakes and they are great, but didnt want to be taking them if they were only meant for following their diet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want something sweet but that's not full of carbs/sugar etc.,

Thanks

Replies

• martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I don't know if it would benefit you, if you aren't using them as part of the diet. Hope your back is feeling better!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I use the Atkins bars and am not on Atkins. They have almost no sugar (or sugar alcohols) and are full of protein and fiber. I don't know much about the shakes but if they're anything like the bars, you can use them. It's really no different than getting a low-cal smoothie or a protein-rich shake at the gym.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're a good idea. They have sugar alcohols, like maltitol, that have never been successfully proven to be low carb. And some people don't react as well to them. I stay away from anything that claims to be "low carb." I look for foods that are naturally low carb.