MFP Runner's Club 10/31

Options
MargieM
MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I've already had some candy.... :embarassed: Oh well.

Ran 2.5 miles last evening before P-T Conf. It's the first time I've been outside in a month (running that is). I forgot how much hills and wind can make things harder. Running inside on the track is much flatter and calmer! :laugh: Got up and went to spin class this morning. Was running late so I didn't get my favorite bike and now I'm a little saddle sore. :grumble:

Traveling to Ohio this afternoon for a long weekend with family (birthdays, wedding, and .... wait for it... CHRISTMAS!) Am taking my running shoes along and am hoping to get out on Sat. & Mon. mornings.

Happy Friday everyone and have a GREAT weekend! (Those endorphins must really be kicking in cause I feel almost giddy this morning! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

:flowerforyou: Margie

Replies

• MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I've already had some candy.... :embarassed: Oh well.

Ran 2.5 miles last evening before P-T Conf. It's the first time I've been outside in a month (running that is). I forgot how much hills and wind can make things harder. Running inside on the track is much flatter and calmer! :laugh: Got up and went to spin class this morning. Was running late so I didn't get my favorite bike and now I'm a little saddle sore. :grumble:

Traveling to Ohio this afternoon for a long weekend with family (birthdays, wedding, and .... wait for it... CHRISTMAS!) Am taking my running shoes along and am hoping to get out on Sat. & Mon. mornings.

Happy Friday everyone and have a GREAT weekend! (Those endorphins must really be kicking in cause I feel almost giddy this morning! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

:flowerforyou: Margie
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ok I am done with physical therapy two weeks early!

I can start running in 2-3 weeks. He has recommended I don't run the 1/2 marathon in February, so i will do a walk/run depedning on how my knee feels.

I will keep working hard and can't wait to be running again.

Firegirl, is there a 5K in about a month we could meet up and do? I will be slow though!

:smile:

Jane
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Happy Halloween my fellow spooks.
    Went out for a great 4.5 mile run this AM. Going to take my 18 month old and 3 year old out for trick or treating this evening. It's supposed to be nice--yay!
  • samccarthy
    Options
    I did a little extra today because I know I won't be able to resist poking into the treat bags tonight! Ran a 40 min hill program on the treadmill, then did a weight workout. I'll get in a few miles of walking this afternoon and evening to add to it! Happy Halloween, all.

Sheryl
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    No run today - I'll work out tonight if I get home before the trick-or- treaters start up. Long run tomorrow.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyy Happy Halloween!! I think I might run in orange and black today to celebrate :bigsmile: I'm doing back/triceps this morning and then bf and I are going for 4 miles. Last night was great, I did about 3.5 and tried out a tempo run (mostly because I'm competitive and find myself racing other runners lol...oops). Then we're going to DQ to split a small Pumpkin Pie Blizzard and maybe get some REAL egg nog!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    http://runtex.com/web/1-1540.asp

WOW!

Ratty-Wanna do the turkey trot? It's on thanksgiving day, so we can eat better that afternoon! It's 5 miles, not 5 k, but I don't know if I'm going to be competing for a little while? If your legs are up for it, it sounds fun! Also-I'm going to do the half marathon in April-it's for women. Wanna join me? I definitely won't be running that one fast.

Gonna do 5 k today, then a break for two days-Race on Sunday-not going to compete, but I'm going to run for my own time. I want to see where I am.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Slacker, slacker, slacker! Okay, things just too hectic, Halloween today, party tomorrow, school play, I'm going with the start on the 1st day of the month plan, so that's tomorrow...I guess I'll be running and shredding for 30 days. That's good, my vacation is looming, and I need to fit into the suit I bought! I've got it hanging from my wall, mocking me!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    No run for me today...I've been crazy busy with kid parties, parades and trick-or-treating. I have a 5K tomorrow, though. After the race beer and hot dogs are served. Now that's some combination! :drinker:
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It's sounds better then the Krispy-Kreme race, something like for every donut you eat on the course, you get to take a minute off you time :sick:

Have a great race!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween! Been busy today, my girls are off school for P/T conferences and getting ready for Trick or Treat tonight!

My dh & I did Back & Biceps (P90X) and I am WIPED! Wow, we worked hard!

I'll get a walk w/ the kids around the block T or T'ing tonight. Running tomorrow w/ my buddies, they're doing 18 miles so I'll try to do at around 5 w/ them. Don't want to push too hard since getting over my injury!

Stay safe!

Jess
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It's sounds better then the Krispy-Kreme race, something like for every donut you eat on the course, you get to take a minute off you time :sick:

:noway:

Well it has been a while since I posted but I managed almost 4 today been a little under the weather so my lungs are not at their optimum but will manage!!

I wanna do a turkey trot :cry: Maybe next year we'll have somehting for that .. oh well!!

Happy Halloween!!