Hello

Options
I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. I have been struggling with my weight for a few years. I had lost 39 pound and then quit smoking last year.. 23 pounds gained. I am proud that I no longer smoke and that makes me more motivated to lose the weight. My employer sponsors a fitness challenge and I joined the team. So far I have lost 6 pounds (in 2 weeks). I am working out before work and do a spin class 2 days a week after work. I am not "dieting" but I am modifying how I eat. So far so good. I thought it would be good to get all the support I can, so that is why I am here.

Replies

• iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Welcome! sounds like you have what it takes already to make those changes! Good job on quitting smoking that is great WIN. Congrats you deserve it!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Welcome, this is the place to be for support and encouragement, you can add me as a friend if you'd like. Congrats on quitting smoking!!!!
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi thought I'd come say hi from one newbie to another....We can do this :happy:
  • KelsieLee
    KelsieLee Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! First of all, congrats on losing your first 6 pounds, joining your work's fitness challange and quitting smoking (I also quit last year)! It sounds like you are really getting started on the right track to success! I'm also new to MFP. I lost 20 pounds before joining but have really struggled to lose the last ten and am hoping MFP can provide the support I need to succeed! I'd be so happy to offer any support you might need along your journey! I practice yoga and have taken classes in healthy cooking, so I may also be able to offer advice in those areas if you need any!

Good luck!

Kelsie