Discouraging pictures :(

Options
Recently I'd been tracking my calories and doing the 30 day shred DVD nightly. I was determined to get my pre-pregnancy body back in time for my September wedding//honeymoon. I was actually gaining quite a bit of confidence and could swear my pants felt looser...

UNTIL...

I went over to my sister's last week for her housewarming party and the next day when she tagged me in some of the photos on Facebook I wanted to die. There I was, looking thick as ever in a series of unflattering photos. At this point I'm feeling so discouraged I just want to throw in the towel. I haven't been tracking my calories regularly, I binged on mexican food yesterday, and I haven't been working out as diligently. Anybody else going through anything similar? I'm back to my prepregnancy weight, how can I look so huge still??

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Recently I'd been tracking my calories and doing the 30 day shred DVD nightly. I was determined to get my pre-pregnancy body back in time for my September wedding//honeymoon. I was actually gaining quite a bit of confidence and could swear my pants felt looser...

UNTIL...

I went over to my sister's last week for her housewarming party and the next day when she tagged me in some of the photos on Facebook I wanted to die. There I was, looking thick as ever in a series of unflattering photos. At this point I'm feeling so discouraged I just want to throw in the towel. I haven't been tracking my calories regularly, I binged on mexican food yesterday, and I haven't been working out as diligently. Anybody else going through anything similar? I'm back to my prepregnancy weight, how can I look so huge still??

I went through this a decade ago--I had already lost 72 pounds and was feeling really good about myself when I got dragged into a family portrait at an in-law's Christmas party. When that picture came back to me, I was mortified. I was SO much bigger than everyone else there, I looked like this gigantic, moon-faced disaster. It was probably the biggest factor in my giving up--I just felt so defeated and so stupid for having been so proud of myself. Of course, now I look back and I think, "What if I'd stuck with it? What if I'd taken that as inspiration to keep working instead of giving up?" Well, I probably wouldn't have spent the past ten years steadily ballooning so that I was, at my highest, 151 lbs heavier than I was in that picture that so devastated me. I might have even spent the past ten years at a weight that wouldn't have brought me over to the diabetic side.

Don't let this derail you. Don't let it eat away your confidence or rob you of your motivation and momemtum. The pictures will improve, you will improve, just stick with it and remember--if you let this knock you off track, you'll be looking back in a year wondering where you could have been if you'd stuck with it.

Hang in!

Kris
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I get the feeling that you Are NOT a weak individual....

So don't let something so trivial get you down.... lets say you decide to give up...

Well what are you going to be thinking about 6 years from now? "If I had only stuck with it...."

Lets say you decide to NOT give up

Well what are you going to be thinking about in 6 years from now? "I am so glad I stuck with it..."

The best advice I ever received was that we must look into the future, and base our goals there. If you look into the future, it will prevent you from getting stuck in the now.

Treat your body as if it were a 150 pound woman, (or whatever magical number you would like)
    Act liek you are that person
    Live as if you were that person doing the things that that person would love to do
    Thinking things that that person would think

Etc...