Is this correct?

Options
2»

Replies

• jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    900 - 1200 calories burned is between 9 - 12 miles brisk walking each day over the weekends and 4 miles a day during the week on a night

Wouldn't this make your lifestyle more active or at minimum lightly active than sedentary??? I thought sedentary was sitting behind a desk all day doing nothing?

If you count activity as exercise you can't count it as "lifestyle". It'd be double counted. Since he's counting it as exercise and therefore eating the calories burned while doing it, to change his lifestyle would mean he'd eat those calories twice.

That is the point I have been trying to make!!! Thank You!
  • djfshop
    djfshop Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    -500 calories a day = 1 pound a week. That's why at 2 lbs you were so low. Had to cut 1000 Kcals
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Personally I would not suggest setting a goal of 2lbs. a week, but if you think you can stick with that, then God Bless You!!! And I wish you the best of luck! If your willpower to not eat alot is that strong, then don't listen to anyone else, do what works for you! But in my opinion I would eat those calories back on days that you burn a ton of calories, this is just from my experience personally, but I feel so much better when I eat them, on days that I workout. Then other times I don't even come close to eating them. So like I said do what works for you. And, Good Luck!!! :drinker:
  • sr777
    sr777 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for all the help.

I have set the activity level to lightly active, as i do move around a lot in my job, and my net is now ( ive set it to 1500)
    I will struggle to eat all of my daily exercise calories, as they will be quite a lot of them.
    I feel as can sustain 2 pounds a week.

Regards
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help.

I have set the activity level to lightly active, as i do move around a lot in my job, and my net is now ( ive set it to 1500)
    I will struggle to eat all of my daily exercise calories, as they will be quite a lot of them.
    I feel as can sustain 2 pounds a week.

Regards

I would set the goal to lose 1 pound per week and eat back 1/2 of your workout calories. You may still lose more than 1 pound per week, but at least you will be able to eat a bit more and you wont feel hugry.

I see you are new to MFP, welcome aboard. If you would like support, and a kick in the rear when you need it, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think your activity level is lightly active rather than sedentary. That would up your calories a bit which would take into account those dog walks.

The activity level represents what he does day to day, not his exercise. That's why you add exercise in seperatley.
    If I changed from sedentary to lightly active I wouldn't count the walks as exercise. I guess it works out the same - leave activity level at sedentary and count the walks as exercise, eating back some OR set level to lightly active, not counting the walks as exercise.

We all have to figure out what works best for us and then just stick to it.

I wish original poster the best in his weightloss goals!