Best Veggie Burger?

Options
2»

Replies

• jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    Morningstar Spicy Black Bean! YUM!

THIS! Even my non-veggie eating boyfriend loves these :)
  • nwkarin
    nwkarin Posts: 16
    Options
    Gardenbuger's "Portabello Mushroom Burger". SO good! I love to put sauteed spinach on it, and a little marinara in lieu of other condiments.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love the Boca Vegan burgers and the morning star original. they are both yummy!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Just some information… most of the popular brands of veggie burgers have genetically modified ingredients (like soy, corn and/or canola). They can also have a lot of sodium and other artificial ingredients as well. So by no means does “veggie” always mean healthier.

Veggie burgers are actually pretty easy and quick to make yourself. This is my favorite recipe for black bean burgers: http://gazingin.com/2011/05/26/cookbook-review-cookouts-veggie-style-black-bean-burger-recipe/
  • OpenWindow
    OpenWindow Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments! I will take your suggestions into consideration when I hit the store this afternoon :)

I am not a vegetarian, but looking for something different that I can make for dinner. I don't really care if it tastes "like" a real hamburger or not. Actually, I would probably prefer that it didn't, haha.

Thanks again :)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your mood.

But an all time best for me is the Boca Flame Grilled burger cooked on the grill- Yummy!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    bumping for later........
    We like the Morningstar ones... but have only tried morningstar and boca. We weren't tooo fond of boca.

I've made them at home before and really enjoyed them, but don't always have the time to throw them together with two little kids in the house.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Morning star spicy black bean!!!!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I hear Amy organic texas burger is good. I haven't tried it yet.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i vote Morningstar Chipotle Black Bean patties!
  • rnstolz17
    Options
    I like the Schneiders Oh Natural Chick'n burgers
  • sexybeautifulme
    sexybeautifulme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to make a simple observation. I was checking out the Morningstar Farms veggie burgers on their website and a lot of them are high in fat for a "vegetable" meal. I know we all keep a count on calories, however, lowering the fat content in my food had a lot do with the rate I'm loosing weight and sometimes "healthy" foods are worse than the "real thing". I use to eat "good" food but did not realized how much fat I was putting in my body. When I did realize it and changed it, the pounds started melting away. Just be careful when making a choice. :-)
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love the Portabella Gardenburger. It's so amazing grilled.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to make a simple observation. I was checking out the Morningstar Farms veggie burgers on their website and a lot of them are high in fat for a "vegetable" meal. I know we all keep a count on calories, however, lowering the fat content in my food had a lot do with the rate I'm loosing weight and sometimes "healthy" foods are worse than the "real thing". I use to eat "good" food but did not realized how much fat I was putting in my body. When I did realize it and changed it, the pounds started melting away. Just be careful when making a choice. :-)

Good point. I would also add that all of the Morningstar Farms products, except for their "breakfast patties" contain genetically modified ingredients (soy). Some people believe there is nothing wrong with this, others certainly do. Happy to help inform anyone who is interested.

I say, go homemade! :)