whhhhhhyyyyy????

Options
2»

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Log it. When you see the bottom line number, you will be horrified ... and likely you will moderate better the next time.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yr self up. Today us a new day. Start new. And don't deprive your self- mideration.....
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Go workout and take it all out on exercise and the rest of the day make better choices and tomorrow is a new day drink lots of water, next time chew gum or go brush your teeth when you think your going to do that and then get out of the house or keep yourself busy-It happens to the best of us yesterday was my bad day because I had Ice cream in the house : (
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    For me, I couldn't stop the binges until I eliminated all of the foods that I was addicted to. It seemed insurmountable at first, but now I am in total control of what I eat and I enjoy my food more than ever. I am amazed at the difference.

See http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/article16.aspx for more information about "The Pleasure Trap".
  • nph1960
    nph1960 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carole-carson/weight-loss-psychology_b_881706.html

Read this article. It will help you understand why you binge, that you shouldn't beat yourself up when you do, and what you can do to help get past the behavior.

Good luck!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I feel so sick... from the food obviously but because I let myself do it! what a bloody loser!

You are only a loser if you let it throw off the rest of your day/week/year/life. Examine why you did it (were you really hungry from not getting enough calories? was it emotional eating? etc.) If there is something to learn from it then make whatever changes are necessary to try and prevent a repeat. If not, then get back to what you know is the right way to eat and forget about it. But either way, it happened. Let it go.
  • DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    worse thing is I am a vegetarian and I ate CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM SOUP!!!! horrified :( so awful
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ive realised through experience DONT buy the stuff in the first place ..if its not in the house then you cant eat it ..lol x

i live with my family so i don't but anything... i usually have the food i eat in a separate draw or side of the fridge but there was not stopping me :(

I have been there!!! My DH brings junk in the house and when I am on day 4 of a migraine but starving and can't possibly cook I will literally grab everything i can see and stuff it in my face!!!!! (thank god it hardly happens anymore!!!) Its hard when your family/roomate/etc isn't on the same page as you. I try to keep snacks in the house that are handy and easy that are just for me for times like this (like those 100 calorie packs or something).

Pick yourself up....dust yourself off and keep going. We are all extending our virtual hands for you to hold and we will keep being here through the good days and the bad! Don't beat yourself up!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Happens to me every 4-6 weeks. Just chalk it off & start fresh. It's not going to do permanent damage.
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    lol... we all do that and I have done much worse than that... It's like riding a bicycle, if you fall down, you just gotta get back on that bike and keep riding. Look how well you have done so far!:smile: