1200 max cals people or those who want to be skinny skinny s

Options
Add me! I am on 1200 max cals, I am 5'6 and I want to weigh 112. I'm almost there. Anyone want to be friends and help motivate??

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    1200 cals is way too low. Please read this post. It can explain better than I can:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292119-you-gotta-eat
  • tritepoet
    tritepoet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks but I've got this. I know the warnings. This is my choice. =)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    it's your choice, but good luck finding someone to 'buddy' with.....5'6 and you want to weight 112? Eeek. Not healthy. Good luck on your 'quest.'
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    i am eating 1200 but i dont want to be skinny. I want to be fit. I want to be able to snap skinny if it is annoying me.
  • tritepoet
    Options
    Weird. I posted something just like this a while ago, and got plenty of responses and friend requests. Now I am only getting this crap. OH WELL life goes on
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Hi, I am also on 1200 cal. a day, which is fine with me. I don't see anything wrong with that.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I thought 1200 calories was ok tbh. I only eat that some days.
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't know what would be wrong with 1200 calories? That's not starvation mode especially for someone that weighs that little. MFP calculates a max of 1260 calories for me. As long as I am staying over 1000 I don't ever worry.
    I'm sure that tritepoet doesn't wanna starve herself and what's wrong with wanting to be really skinny? I mean I actually don't really know if 112 is very low (I'm european, still struggling with that stupid system of yours) but if she thinks that that's the weight where she will feel happy and confident with herself, what's the big deal?
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    i am eating 1200 but i dont want to be skinny. I want to be fit. I want to be able to snap skinny if it is annoying me.

HAHAHAHAHA
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just be careful. 5'6" and 112 is a BMI of 18.1 which is in the "underweight" category and below the "healthy weight" category.
  • tritepoet
    Options
    I realize it's technically underweight, but just barely. I was fat, so I have extra loose skin that makes me look bigger even though I don't weigh much. 1200 is perfectly fine, it just happens to be the minimum. So thanks for trying to save me or something, but I've got it under control. If you don't want to be my friend, don't add me. If you don't like my post, don't comment.
  • SavCal71
    Options
    I realize it's technically underweight, but just barely. I was fat, so I have extra loose skin that makes me look bigger even though I don't weigh much. 1200 is perfectly fine, it just happens to be the minimum. So thanks for trying to save me or something, but I've got it under control. If you don't want to be my friend, don't add me. If you don't like my post, don't comment.

1) You really don't have any right to tell me not to comment. It's a free world. We're both adults.
    2) There is a big gray area between "being your friend" and being rude. I was in that gray area. I spoke with concern and wasn't even close to rude.
    3) I agree that 1200 is fine for someone trying to lose weight. In general.
    4) Honey, I know ALL about loose skin. I lost 89 pounds and have birthed and nursed two kids. I could write a book about loose skin, lol.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    LOL. Love your post. Birthed and nursed 2 kids. I have birthed and nursed 4 kids. We could have a battle on the loose skin. Now, to tighten that loose skin! That is what I want to do!
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Funny, how some people think, they have everything figured out and give smart advice.
  • tritepoet
    Options

1) You really don't have any right to tell me not to comment. It's a free world. We're both adults.
    2) There is a big gray area between "being your friend" and being rude. I was in that gray area. I spoke with concern and wasn't even close to rude.
    3) I agree that 1200 is fine for someone trying to lose weight. In general.
    4) Honey, I know ALL about loose skin. I lost 89 pounds and have birthed and nursed two kids. I could write a book about loose skin, lol.

WOW sweetheart, I was speaking in general, to everyone. Relax.
  • blakesummerlin
    Options
    5'5'' and i am looking to be 111. (: add me!
  • SavCal71
    Options

Do you think I'm stressed???
  • tritepoet
    Options

Do you think I'm stressed???

Hahaha well you *are* still commenting. The three question marks don't help your case either lol.
  • KazNoms
    KazNoms Posts: 83
    Options
    You have my support! Just be careful with how much you drop to low is unhealthy on your heart.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that.

bonesrw.jpg

5'5 and about 110 lbs wasn't a good look for me. :noway:

I'm not going to lecture you. I just want to say don't get hung up on a number for your goal.