NSV that made me tear up

Options
KBrenOH
KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
So over the weekend, me and my family were at Kroger (grocery store). As we're standing at the deli and I'm ordering some lunchmeat, my 8yr old daughter comes up and gives me a hug. After stepping back, she looks at me and goes, "Mom! I can wrap my arms all the way around you and lock my fingers together!"

She's always been able to wrap her arms around me, but I know she's probably never been able to actually interlock her fingers. Had I not been standing in a crowded store, I'd have probably started crying, but as it is, I did tear up.

That right there made this journey worth it more than all the other little victories combined.

Replies

• jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful and got me a bit misty. :) Congratulations!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's kind of amazing, isn't it. We diet, we walk (or run) and every day we see that we look the 'same'.

Then, something like this happens; and you can't help but think that you've been slowly closing on this 'goal' all the while - and suddenly - bam! You are there. Good for you!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    AWWWW!!! So precious!! :smile:
  • wanderingwest
    Options
    That was a lovely moment you had with your little girl. Thanks for sharing!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    We need a "like" button here! What a sweet story.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    It's kind of amazing, isn't it. We diet, we walk (or run) and every day we see that we look the 'same'.

Then, something like this happens; and you can't help but think that you've been slowly closing on this 'goal' all the while - and suddenly - bam! You are there. Good for you!!

So very true!
  • terrabrookman
    Options
    Way...to...go!!!!! Seriously, thank you for sharing that. It's those little things that pump you up and keep you going. Honestly, on this weight loss journey (hopefully my last), it has been the NSV's that have meant the most. Keep up the good work!!!! :-)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    What an awesome moment that must have been! Congrats. :smile:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    That's really sweet! Congrats!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Way to go! That is wonderful to hear!!!
  • maiituu
    maiituu Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy for you, I know every time i get down i can always read the success stories to keep my motivation up. thank you so much for sharing.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    How sweet!!! My son does the same to me,every time he will go a lil further..its a wonderful feeling!!! Thats so awesome!!!
  • PATRICEDESIA
    Options
    That's Too Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So sweet. That's great :)
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That caused me to tear up as well. Congratulations and keep it up!
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is sooo sweet! Congratulations on an awesome NSV! :o)
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    awww that is such a wonderful story and praise report!!!! Happy for you:smile:
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great story, thanks for sharing, .... definitely one to remember when/if you hit a "rough patch"!
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love children's enthusiasm! Great NSV!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    thats a great NSV. all your hard work is paying off. well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!