Ground Turkey Recipe??

Options
Does anybody have a recipe for a delicious, healthy meal made with Ground Turkey?? Its basically the same as ground beef only healthier so if you have a ground beef recipe, that will work too. I am all out of ideas and Its my night to make dinner. Any comments appreciated!!:smile:

-:heart: Danielle

Replies

• healthychic
    Options
    Does anybody have a recipe for a delicious, healthy meal made with Ground Turkey?? Its basically the same as ground beef only healthier so if you have a ground beef recipe, that will work too. I am all out of ideas and Its my night to make dinner. Any comments appreciated!!:smile:

-:heart: Danielle
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I make lasagna with turkey, can hardly tell the difference.
    You could try noodle-less lasagna too, where you use Eggplant or zucchini for the noodles.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I cook the ground turkey or chicken until no longer pink. Add a can of kidney beans and some salsa and let simmer. Sometimes I eat it in a tortillas shell or over brown rice.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Tacos, meat sauce, low cal burritos, taco salad.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I put it into a marinara just like I would with beef and then put it over whole wheat pasta.
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    I make everything with turkey! Here are some ideas;
    Turkey Burgers (my favorite and my step son has no clue he isn’t eating beef)
    Turkey Tacos
    Turkey Burritos
    Turkey Sloppy Joes
    Turkey Lasagna (Ground turkey and turkey Italian Sausages)
    Turkey Sausage Subs (don’t know what to call it, I broil the sausages, while I sauté onions and bell peppers then simmer in pasta sauce. Once the sausages are done I throw them in with the veggies to cook for a while. I top a wheat hot dog bun with a sausage and some sauce then a slice of low fat cheese.)

So many options! Good Luck.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've got a Weight Watchers recipe for Turkey-Parmesean Meatloaf, and for Monteray (jack cheese) turkey burgers (but I usually make that into a meatloaf shape too!) My family loves both recipes, and they're very healthy!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I make everything with turkey as well. My favorite is turkey meatloaf made with ground turkey, ketchup, low fat bread crumbs and one lipton onion dip mix. Yum :)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    We make chili and tacos all the time with it.
  • healthychic
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I got sooo many ideas now!:tongue:
  • healthychic
    Options
    Ooh that sounds yummy, I love eggplant
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey for everything! Stuffed Peppers, Shepard's Pie (with cauliflower mash instead of potatoes), meatballs, burgers, lasagna....