Special K Cracker Chips - Sea Salt !!

Options
2»

Replies

• msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you like these, try out Popchips in salt and vinegar! You don't get to eat quite as many (22 chips) and they have a few more calories (120) but dang!...they are delicious (and also a little thicker, or at least I think so)! P.S. I love Special K Cracker Chips too!

Thanks! I will have to try these!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'm always looking for healthier options for chips and crackers. Currently I'm obsessed with Wasa flatbread crackers, sesame flavored. They aren't salty, but with some salsa or hummus, they are pure bliss.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    They are delicious. Kashi also just came out with Pita chips and we also like Stacy's multigrain chips. FYI - If you go online to Kashi and join their "community", they send coupons and stuck. In my mailbox this week was a full size box of Kashi pita chips with 4 $1.50 off coupons!!! No, I don't work for Kashi - just sharing.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sour cream & onion? Now I am in trouble. I am a carb-o-holic and have been trying to stay away from pastas, crackers, etc. but I may have to pick some of those up and portion out an exact serving and only eat that.

Edited to correct strange spelling mistakes
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I gotta bump this thread for those of you who haven't seen or tried these yet...I am IN LOVE! Crunchy "crackers," 30 for 110 calories (or 27 if you try the other flavors) and that is a very satisfying serving. Just had them with tzatsiki...yum!

PLUS...if I ever "go overboard" and eat the whole box (3.5 servings, 385 calories!), I won't do too much damage!!!

If you are a potato chip person, I highly recommend checking these out. Excellent and healthy substitutes!
  • JackieAnnD
    JackieAnnD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chips...thanks for the tip.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    So I came across these about 3 weeks agoand..I love them!! At night when I am on the couch watching T.V and that urge to find something crunchy and salty hits I reach for these! They are super delish and you can eat 30 of these (which is totally satisfying) and you have only consumed 110 calories!! I wanted to pass this along in case your a potato chip addict like myself :) Ill post a link so you can see all of the nutritional info.

Has anyone else tried these?? What do you think of them??

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/kelloggs/special-k-cracker-chips---sea-salt

PSA to those of you that have Thyroid issues.

These Special K chips contain soy, both soy oil and soy flour, so it is not a good idea to eat soy if you are on Thyroid meds.

Ingredients list copied directly from the Special K website:

POTATOES, POTATO STARCH, BROWN RICE FLOUR, SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, YELLOW CORN MEAL, OAT FIBER, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF SEA SALT, MONOGLYCERIDES, SALT, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, SOY FLOUR, WHEY.

Allergen Information
    CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY, AND MILK INGREDIENTS.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy, thanks!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    They now have these in cheddar and southwest ranch, too!

I like the sea salt ones with salsa (not quite as good as tortilla chips, but definitely more diet-friendly!) and they are also good with laughing cow cheese. They are a good potato chip alternative for me! The cheddar ones taste like the Ruffles cheddar and sour cream chips...yummy!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    where the hell have you BEEN girl? :) im a sour cream and onion girl myself...
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    They now have these in cheddar and southwest ranch, too!

I like the sea salt ones with salsa (not quite as good as tortilla chips, but definitely more diet-friendly!) and they are also good with laughing cow cheese. They are a good potato chip alternative for me! The cheddar ones taste like the Ruffles cheddar and sour cream chips...yummy!

WHAT?? :noway:
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The Southwest Ranch are DELICIOUS. You get 27 chips..which is plenty. I love chips and these help the cravings.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I love the sour cream and onion ones too!!!
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    They are my alltime favorite! I am a salt junky and these have just the right amount to satisfy my craving but not be too overpowering. I have found all the Special K crackers to be wonderful!
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    So I came across these about 3 weeks agoand..I love them!! At night when I am on the couch watching T.V and that urge to find something crunchy and salty hits I reach for these! They are super delish and you can eat 30 of these (which is totally satisfying) and you have only consumed 110 calories!! I wanted to pass this along in case your a potato chip addict like myself :) Ill post a link so you can see all of the nutritional info.

Has anyone else tried these?? What do you think of them??

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/kelloggs/special-k-cracker-chips---sea-salt

PSA to those of you that have Thyroid issues.

These Special K chips contain soy, both soy oil and soy flour, so it is not a good idea to eat soy if you are on Thyroid meds.

Ingredients list copied directly from the Special K website:

POTATOES, POTATO STARCH, BROWN RICE FLOUR, SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, YELLOW CORN MEAL, OAT FIBER, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF SEA SALT, MONOGLYCERIDES, SALT, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, SOY FLOUR, WHEY.

Allergen Information
    CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY, AND MILK INGREDIENTS.
    What effect does soy have on thyroid meds? Never heard of that before!
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow. I must be behind on this. I just saw the commercial for these the other day. I grabbed a box during my shopping and holy cow.. love them!