NSV - Finished Couch to 5k!

Options
2»

Replies

• Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting into couch to 5k for a month or so.

So, I started yesterday. So far so good! LOL. I was walking at 4mph and running at 5.1. I intend to do this by the book, so will follow the schedule exactly. :)

In the past, I've gotten painful shin splints running on anything but grass, so I am nervous about even the treadmill I've started on. But, I am doing exercises for them hopefully as a preventative measure, and I got running shoes from a proper running-shoe store before I started ... so I am doing my best.

Cheers,

Sean
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing the program and running your first 5K! Isn't it such an amazing process? I love the empowerment that I feel now from running. I finished the C25K about 4 weeks and ran my first 5K on July 4th. I'm on Week 5 of Bridge 2 10K now and I plan to run my first 10K on July 30th. On August 1st I'll start training for my first half marathon which I plan to run on Oct. 23rd. Here's a blog that I wrote last week about my Couch 2 5K expereince. Again, awesome job! Congrats on a job well done. You are a runner! Isn't that so cool to say that now?!? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/290218-my-couch-2-5k-experience
  • RayofSunshine73
    RayofSunshine73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ipod tip! I was thinking about starting this program soon but I thought it would be a drag to always be looking at the clock!! You just changed my mind!!
  • trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    soooo, today i finished the Bridge to 10K program. i'm now running for 60 mins straight! roll on the 24th and my first 10K!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's great!!
    I've on week 8 of c25k. It's a brilliant programme. I'd not done any regular exercise before this, I'm nearly 50 and have never done any running before, except under duress at school! Now I really look forward to my runs and am starting to feel like a runner!
    If I can do it, anyone can!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Nice to see this now. I have a 5K picked out for the end of September. I completed Week 8 so that means I start my final week next week. I still run a bit slow so I need the next month tho pick up my pace and actually run 5K since I don't quite make it in 30 minutes. Still like others have said I am beginning to feel like a runner. Yes Week 4 was the hardest for me although many worry about the last day of Week 5 you are ready by then to do the 20 minute run. I older and have alot of extra weight so as many have said if this non-runner can do it so can you.
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I share my story often as I was never a runner that is now seeing some success and owe much of my weight loss and fitness level to MFP and a regular running program. I am former jock that went fat, I ballooned up to nearly 320 lbs. and started C25K about 14 months ago. I now run 40+ miles a week and bike 18-25.

If I can do it, anyone can! I just 15 minutes ago finished a 3 mile warm up run for my bike ride later (just .1 miles under the 5k distance) in 22.7.

You can do it too!
  • routerguy666
    Options
    Good job and thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!