Newly Committed

Options
:flowerforyou: My sister just told me about this link last night. It's a great way to keep track of what I eat, without having to create something myself. My name is Karen. I'm married with 1 dog and 2 cats. :heart: My husband is skinny and I've become really obese. I had a lap band a few years ago, but only lost about 60 lbs. I have 60 more to go. My sister Nancy is my inspiration! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You will find alot of amazing people here to help support/encourage you. Just remember, slow and steady wins the race. It takes time to get weight off (1-2 lbs/week). Good luck.
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats you have made a step in the right direction, a friend tld me abut the site, and joined a couple weeks ago, it is great and the more you use it the easier it is, spend some time checking it out, really like the reports, amazng, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW WEIGHT LOST JORNEY.

Your Pal in MFP Pearl:flowerforyou:
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You will find alot of amazing people here to help support/encourage you. Just remember, slow and steady wins the race. It takes time to get weight off (1-2 lbs/week). Good luck.

I agree with BCA - (She's one of my bestest MFP buddies <grin>)
    Welcome to the site and to us - we are so happy to have you and we'd be happy to help you in any way we can!
  • kamontoya777
    Options
    Wow! You have won the battle of the bulge! Thanks for being so encouraging. I just checked my weight the other day and saw I lost about 4 lbs. I just hope it wasn't all in water weight! I love seeing the daily results of my activities as it helps me to see areas where I need strengthening in. Mostly that's at night .... after 7.
  • kamontoya777
    Options
    Thank you for being so encouraging. It's taken me awhile to figure out where everthing is. And I just found your post. Sorry I didn't say thank you sooner. But I didn't know you had posted! ;)
  • kamontoya777
    Options
    Hi there! I hope things are going well for you today. You know with every ending there's a new beginning. And so it is today. Let's agree together to make the best decisions for ourselves in the foods we choose. God bless you for your encouragement!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to add me as a friend. I think having many supporters and motivators on here is such a plus.
  • mclegrande
    Options
    I am just try to keep in shape and lose the weight I have gained since menopause began. Don't want to lose "life" as I get older