What's your favorite...

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
I find myself eating the same things over and over again and I am determined to not get bored with what I am eating and blow it....

Share your favorite meal.....

I love making fajitas - chicken breast tenderloins seasoned with a "kickin chicken"seasoning with mushrooms, onions and red bell pepper topped with fat free cheddar a touch of fat free sour cream and guacamole. Very filling and I use VERY little oil to cook everything.

Another favorite...
roasted potatoes - I peel and dice potatos and onions enough to serve 4 toss in 1 - 2 T of Olive Oil (which means at the most 1/2T for me) crushed garlic and seasoned salt - better than home fries!! My family LOVES these.

Replies

• chrissyh
    Options
    I find myself eating the same things over and over again and I am determined to not get bored with what I am eating and blow it....

Share your favorite meal.....

I love making fajitas - chicken breast tenderloins seasoned with a "kickin chicken"seasoning with mushrooms, onions and red bell pepper topped with fat free cheddar a touch of fat free sour cream and guacamole. Very filling and I use VERY little oil to cook everything.

Another favorite...
    roasted potatoes - I peel and dice potatos and onions enough to serve 4 toss in 1 - 2 T of Olive Oil (which means at the most 1/2T for me) crushed garlic and seasoned salt - better than home fries!! My family LOVES these.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I love boco burgers with some veggies and another healthy side. Its easy. Whenever I gave that burger from BK or McDonalds that is what I go for.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I love boco burgers with some veggies and another healthy side. Its easy. Whenever I gave that burger from BK or McDonalds that is what I go for.

What is a boco burger?
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I love grilled shrimp, peel 'em and eat 'em shrimp, bacon wrapped shrimp, garlic and butter shrimp, and yes, LOVE fried shrimp! But I'm eating the more healthy of them right now! And it goes great with grilled chicken or fish either one! :wink:
  • samster85
    Options
    Me I love making nachos, bean dip, and spaghetti.

these are a few of my favorite things.:love:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    chicken breast with veggies, and lots of seasonings.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Another favorite...

I make something really simplier and it's awesome...and not unhealthy... I use the spray pump olive oil on foil then lay the potato wedges on it... I add red pepper strips, a bit of garlic chopped (learned a new appreciation for garlic since eating healthy), fresh rosemary and thyme.... makes the whole house smell wonderful with the fresh spices... if you're in the mood to mix it up a bit on your potatoes....try that.....I'm sure your family will love it as well.. OH I also spray a bit of Olive oil over the whole thing before I bake them...

Gotta LOVE those healthy oils that come in the spray pumps...we can use much less and they are healthy!:drinker:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I've never seen the spray kind of Olive oil...is it in with the Pam and other sprays?
  • pamelaeilf
    Options
    Taco soup - someone posted the recipe here a month or so ago, and I make large pots and it freezes well. I eat it 2-3 tmes a week.
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is turkey & spinach rollups

I get the leanest turkey breast slices I can find
    Take a handful of fresh spinach and really small drizzle of roasted red pepper Italian dressing. Roll it up. They are really tasty and very low calorie, fat, etc.

Quick, portable, tasty, and healthy.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options

What is a boco burger?

its a veggie burger. The weird thing is they put them in the ice cream isle. So you have to go all way down the bad stuff for you to get the good stuff for you. :grumble:
    Options
    I make home made chicken salad and put it on a wrap with lettuce, tomato, pickle and low fat sliced cheese. What is nice about these that it will stay with you for a long time. I will also have a whole apple (sliced up) with chocolate caramel dip by litehouse (they are only a 100 cals. each) these are great for that chocolate craving.
  • jgill
    jgill Posts: 7
    Options
    4 oz of baked flounder seasoned with salt,pepper, garlic powder, drop of lemon juice, 1 cup steamed fresh broccoli, and a medium baked potato with 2 tbsp salsa and 2 tbsp non fat sour cream. That is my favorite meal and all of it together is only 250 calories. My son is 11 and minus the broccoli and sub with carrots and this is his favorite meal too.
  • ChristiDawn79
    Options
    Boca burgers are my favorite too. they are 1g of fat where a normal burger is 9g. They fill you up too.
  • reese_gal
    Options
    it is a fake/mock burger...boco burgers do not have any meat in them, but are pretty tasty =D

you might have to get used to the taste, but adding ketchup always help at first!!!

did that answer ur question?
  • need2loseitbig
    Options
    At my local grocery store they have a turkey burger with swiss cheese onions and peppers, they are about 220 cal. I put them on a toasted wheat english muffin, and add zesty mustard to it, on the side I have steamed veggies, that I add a little vinegar to. They are very tasty!
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

Another favorite...

I make something really simplier and it's awesome...and not unhealthy... I use the spray pump olive oil on foil then lay the potato wedges on it... I add red pepper strips, a bit of garlic chopped (learned a new appreciation for garlic since eating healthy), fresh rosemary and thyme.... makes the whole house smell wonderful with the fresh spices... if you're in the mood to mix it up a bit on your potatoes....try that.....I'm sure your family will love it as well.. OH I also spray a bit of Olive oil over the whole thing before I bake them...

Gotta LOVE those healthy oils that come in the spray pumps...we can use much less and they are healthy!:drinker:

Do you wrap the foil back around? Or do you leave it uncovered as you bake it? Approx. how long in the oven, and what temp?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bumpin this to respond back when my brain is functioning a bit better:tongue:
  • chrissyh
    Options

Another favorite...

Do you wrap the foil back around? Or do you leave it uncovered as you bake it? Approx. how long in the oven, and what temp?

If you want softer potatoes-use foil. We like them really brown like homefries - so I use the broiler--turn after 6 or 7 minutes (about two times)

I've done it using FitnessChicks spray idea too! It's great!!
  • bumpn2
    bumpn2 Posts: 17
    Options
    For 415 calories, I boil a potato and spray some Fat Free Parkay on it. I add a little salt and pepper. Then I put 3/4 cup of Hormel Turkey Chili w/out beans over the top. Next I add one serving of Borden Reduced Fat Four Mexican Shredded Cheese. Top it with one serving of Great Value Light Sour Cream and voila.............yummy and filling!!!