just curious: size to weight ratio

Options

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    It also depends were the clothes are made China, Bangladesh, Thailand,= asian countries are small If you want to find a across the board sizing no matter who the designer is , check QVC all their designers are held to a certain sizing. They have there size chart. Out on the market there is no standard sizing it is up to the designers,and their manufactures
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Height - 5ft
    Weight - 124
    Size - (UK) 10, (US) 6
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' almost 3
    130 lbs
    0-2 in dresses
    2 in pants
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11
    Weight 190 lbs
    Dress size: 10
    Pants size: 10

I am quite muscled, so even with my higher weight I can still wear smaller sizes (I know from experience that when I get to 175 or so I'll be a size 6).
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at the variations you got for responses! I read some who were the same size I used to be and the size I am now, and wonder how they do it!
    I am about 5'4
    Current weight: 143-145
    Dress size 10-12
    Pants size 8-10

I used to be 178 and wore sizes 16-18
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm 5'2"

141 lbs
    Pant size: 6-8 depending on the cut.
    Wore a size 8 bridesmaid dress at the end of April. Depending on the brand, my shirt size is a small or medium.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weigh 152 lbs. I wear a loose 6/tight 4. This applies to most off-the-rack clothing.

Body comp is changing a lot though, what was tight 6 weeks ago is now loose, even though I've only lost a couple pounds in that time frame. Works for me!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2",
    At CW - 150ish pounds, and can wear an 8 consistently, *sometimes* a 6
    At goal weight (I was there for over a year) - 135ish pounds, can wear a 6 consistently and *sometimes* a 4

I'm *this close* to being able to fit back into 4-5 skirts in my closet that are a 6. Another 5 pounds and I'll be able to wear them. Antoher 10 and they'll fit well again.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a 28 1/2 inch waist, 38 inch hips and weigh 153.8. Currently wear a 10-12 in pants (depending on manufacturer) and anything from an 8-12 in skirts and dresses (once again depending on manufacturer). [US sizing] I wear a medium shirt although I have a feeling I'll be in a small before the end of September.

*edited to add that I do not wear anything that gives me even an inkling of a muffin top at all. So I may well be able to squeeze myself into an 8 pants but I have no desire to look like a sausage. :huh:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    5'9'' - 193 - Sz 12-14 Pants & Dress
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and weigh 295. I wear a size 22 dress and...oh...wait...crap..this was meant for women only wasn't it? I hate it when I do that. Ok. Seriously. I do not wear dresses.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11"

CW: 235
    GW: 160, maybe lower, we'll see when I get there

Current dress size: 18/20
    Goal dress size: 8

If I can make it to a size 8, I'll be happy. Smaller than that is cool, but an 8 will please me. My lowest adult weight was 190 @ a size 10/12. I still had some flab and could tone up a lot from that point, so I'm pretty confident in being able to hit 160 & sz 8.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    5'6''
    148.6 pounds
    pants and dress size 12 (usually. Some stores I'm still a 14)

I have a small frame but wide hips. I'm an interesting shape... I can relate to frustration about the sizes of others compared to myself though, and I'm working on stopping comparing. My body is UNIQUE, just like everyone else's.

edited to add- My goal size is a 10. I don't know if I'll be there in 8.6 pounds, and if I'm not, then I'm giving up on that and going to work on being happy at a 12. :drinker:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    5'5''
    125 lbs
    size 7 jeans
    size 4 dress
    size sm or m shirts
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and wear a 16/18, currently weigh 202 lbs. My goal weight is 160 lbs, around a size 10/12.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11'', 217 lbs, and wear 14-16 pants
  • littlesuzieq
    littlesuzieq Posts: 103
    Options
    5'4"
    CW: 180
    GW: 148
    Pants: 14
    Dress:12-14
    Shirt: L-XL
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The size difference are interesting.
    I am 5'2" 128 pounds.
    I just went close shopping this weekend d/t my 20# weight loss and went from a size 12 to a size 8 pants. I was pleased with that. I don't wear dresses.
    My top half is very small but my hips and but are larger. We are all made so different.
  • tsaenz09
    tsaenz09 Posts: 30
    Options
    5'3", 187, Dress: 16, Pants: 16/18
  • shasslock
    shasslock Posts: 56
    Options
    I always think this is interesting. I am 5'3 and 213 pounds and wear a size 14.