Little big victory

Options
When I started on My Fitness Pal a few weeks ago, I was really frustrated. As someone with severe health problems, I was on a medication that made it impossible to lose weight and actually causes obesity in my medical situation. After going on this medication, I gained 20 pounds. I couldn't figure out how to lose them, and couldn't even lose them on P90X. I thought that I would give My Fitness Pal a try to see if it could help at all, because I was stuck and could not get my weight down. Even one pound would me a victory for me.

Fast forward to today, I have finally lost around five pounds (my weight fluctuates a lot) through enjoyable eating and exercise. Counting my calories makes eating seem more special, and even as someone who likes to cook I enjoy it a lot. I used to be afraid of the scale, but now I am excited for weigh-in day, tomorrow, to see how much I have lost (I weigh once a week, but I got so excited about seeing myself five pounds lighter that I had to get on a few times to check and make sure the scale wasn't broken). My Fitness Pal has been a miracle for me!

Replies

• cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    This is great news. I also would encourage you to enjoy the good and bad with weight loss. There are always peaks and valleys but I encourage you to embrace the idea of a new beginning standing before you. Wise eating and exercise definitely is the way to go and you are well on course.
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! That is a BIG VICTORY, you are on your way, I can relate to your problem I am on several meds that has caused me weight gain, I love MFP, it is a great tool in my weight loss, I am like you I like to journal my food intake and it makes me know where I need to adjust what I am eating, be sure and use the reports, amazing how it all works. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Your friend & Pal on MF"P, Pearl
  • Catarean
    Catarean Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats Girl! I'm pretty new to the site and I really love it too. You're absolutely right about it making what we do eat seem more significant... and I thing plugging in workouts in the Diary really help me stay on track and stay motivated. The Message Boards are fun too.. .people cheering people on, so nice to see!! Keep going and stay strong!
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Cataraen, I'm like you. I put on a bunch of weight after starting a medication (for me an anti depressant). I'm very grateful to have the major depression gone but the weight gain has been a bummer.

I used another site like this to lose weight before but then stopped recording my food and up I went again. So this time I'm back with the idea that I am just going to have to record my food to maintain.

I've lost 5 pounds this time around and I am thrilled. I don't want to be a slave to exercise and recording food. I just want to record my food, exercise moderately and be at a healthier weight.

When I see the posts of 100 lbs lost, I do P90X, etc. I just feel overwhelmed. Losing a hundred pounds is incredible. I just want to be able to say, yeah, me! I lost 5 pounds. :-) That's a miracle to me.

Glad you're here.

Susan
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!