Halloween

Options
OK I am really going to need support this weekend. I have three kids so that is alot of Halloween candy! I know I am going to eat it but I will have the willpower to not eat all of it!

Happy Halloween! :smile:

Replies

• formygirls02
    formygirls02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OK I am really going to need support this weekend. I have three kids so that is alot of Halloween candy! I know I am going to eat it but I will have the willpower to not eat all of it!

Happy Halloween! :smile:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    lol, I hear you.

I don't have any kids but do get candy in case I get trick or treaters and when I don't I hate to see good candy go to waste. Plus I have some psych thing where everyone else is out having fun and eating and drinking... that makes me feel entitled somehow to eat and drink even if it is just me in my apartment. lol
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Same boat, 3 kids. But I had a peice earlier and didn't feel so great for a while afterwards. Maybe I'm allergic to candy now. I wish.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your radio or TV stations do this, but here in New Mexico, they do a candy drive after Halloween and send it all to the troops.

:flowerforyou:

There's no reason to keep the candy. And it'd make some lonely troop very happy!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have already given myself permission to eat as much candy as I wanted to tonight--I mean, until I puke if I want to! I worked out today, ate healthy, and you know what? It's Halloween! It's one day, it will not ruin my fitness efforts, and I don't eat like this every day. After tonight, I will refuse to eat any more. I like to candy drive idea, though!
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes I have 2 kids and it is going to be hard, I ate really good for the most part. I think I am going to enjoy tonight and have this just a night to throw my body off a little and get back on track tomorrow morning with my workout. I think I deserve it for everything I have put myself through the last couple of weeks. I am so ready to enjoy my kids tonight.

Have a great night everyone
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    http://www.treatsfortroops.com/

The USO has this website for purchasing Treats For Troops.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/399538/support_our_troops_send_a_halloween.html

That link is to an article posted a year ago, but it still stands!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I agree with Molly Sue and Erin, I've done good so far one day is not going to hurt my weight loss efforts. The only thing it may do is make me sick, then I won't eat. We had a treat table today at work and I ate some of everything, but didn't eat breakfast or lunch. I will be back on track again tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great Halloween and enjoy.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I also have 2 kids, well, I say kids, one is 11, the other is 17, but...the old man is the biggest kid of them all! :laugh:
    I've only had one piece of candy tonight - that was a very thin lolly, and I could taste the sugar - yuck ! :sick:
    I've settled for beetroot and breadsticks instead !

my '3' boys are happily digging through the candy as I type - and good luck to them!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    OMG.........I LOVE CANDY......!!!!!:mad: :mad:
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Have them trade you their candy for one toy each. Make it a BIG really COOL deal have them weigh it and give them a price per pound. Then take the candy and GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!! :smile: We did this last year and plan to do it again this year....A friend of mine started this b/c her son is diebetic and I thought it was such a great idea.......
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Amunet07- Looks like we are on the same level as far as characteristics. I am 5'2 and want to weigh 125 lbs, although I set my GW at 140 but we'll see how I feel when I get there. I was there almost 2 years ago and felt pretty good, so who knows, I may stay there. But, looks like you're further to your goal than I. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou: