I just ate ice cream

All right... so I caved!!! Everyone in the office got ice cream and I joined in. Now I feel sick, extremely guilty and disappointed in myself. And it really didn't taste that good after the first few bites but I finished it anyways..... I just threw out the 2 miles I jogged out the window.

Replies

• CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Well, that's all-or-nothing thinking! So, you had ice cream. Eat a little less for dinner. Or, go on a post-dinner walk. There's room for ice cream in your life - it isn't a "bad" food, per se. And, you didn't throw your jog out the window. It's still with you, it increased your heart rate, it helped your body.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Don't beat yourself up! Go for another jog! Or just give yourself a break! If you like to indulge, I buy the little Skinny Cow ice creams. Helps me reign in my sweet tooth.
  • erinkate82
    erinkate82 Posts: 53
    I'm in the same boat -- Somehow I managed to eat 5 peanut butter cookies today...!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Maybe not! This has to be a lifestyle you can live with. Last week my family and I went and got ice cream. I got a "baby" twist in a cone. It was under 200 calories. As long as you work it in your daily calories and don't eat it all the time, ice cream won't be your demise :)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Don't be so hard on yourself!! I eat ice cream almost regularly in the summer, there are ways to make up for it. Make good choices, you still have plenty of calories left for dinner.

That is sad that you didn't enjoy it, though!!

We have to give ourselves a little wiggle room every now and again, or we'd never manage to make these lifestyle changes permanent.

At least you eating ice cream is the exception, and NOT the rule!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Don't beat yourself up! Go for another jog! Or just give yourself a break! If you like to indulge, I buy the little Skinny Cow ice creams. Helps me reign in my sweet tooth.

Skinny cow is my friend! :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    I'm in the same boat -- Somehow I managed to eat 5 peanut butter cookies today...!

Oooh! That's bad!

J/K... tomorrow is a different day that you can plan to make peanut butter cookie free if you want to. :happy:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Also, know in the future that a bite or two will satisfy you regarding ice cream. Then feel free/give yourself permission to throw the rest away.
  • alannatoo
    alannatoo Posts: 1
    I just ate it too, and it was good and worth it! Everything in moderation, right? Hopefully we will just both be better at saying no tomorrow should the opportunity present itself again :)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Just think where you would be calorie wise had you not worked out and still had icecream...

You stuck with your plan and you stuck with your exercising, and now you aren't 200 calories behind...

The running helped your heart, and lungs and whole cardio vascular system and one little icecream isn't going to ruin that effort you put in.

CONGRATS! you succeeded!

It would be a cruel world If we couldn't have icecream.
  • Indulging in some sweets every now and again isn't going to hurt you, eating it everyday more then once yeah that'll be bad but having sweets every now and again is fine. Don't feel guilty and if you didn't like the ice cream after a few bites then why didn't you just toss it?
  • CaptObvious
    CaptObvious Posts: 117
    Don't beat yourself up and don't feel guilty. It's not a deal breaker. You just found out that ice cream is not worth it right now and I bet it will be much easier to pass it up the next time around. Dust yourself off and move on. You've still go plenty of calories left for dinner tonight. I bet you won't even go over today. :)
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    There is nothing wrong with having an occasional snack! Don't beat yourself up! Use this as a learning experience for future reference. Next time ask yourself... "Is this going to be worth it?" If the answer is "no" then throw it out... one bite, half way in, or even with only one bite left! If the answer is "yes", then eat it... but don't continue to over-do the rest of your day. Just because you slipped a little, doesn't mean you have to dive off the cliff!
    And who knows? Have a lighter dinner, or skip your evening snack and maybe you can still stay within your calorie goals! I have ice cream about once a week... but rarely go over my goal. :flowerforyou:
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Don't punish yourself for eating. That is part of what contributes to a bad relationship with food, which is part of what we should be trying to repair.

Chalk it up to an indulgence, and like someone else said, go for a walk, or dance in your livingroom for a little while tonight, or just say, "It's okay, I indulged, and tomorrow I'm right back to watching my calories."

One day, one treat, won't mess up your plans--unless you turn it into a bigger event than it is.
  • Ice Cream is actually good for you -- has calcium in it -- which is good for your blood and the bones and your mental health. So don't be sad. :smile:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,075 Member
    And... it had poison in it? Wait, there is no And?

I eat ice cream every day.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    I hate when I splurge and the ice cream just isnt as good (I will not try other brands, I know my favorites lol) But you have to stop beating yourself up, even if youre over today tomorrow is a new day and you just keep going!
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Don't ever deprive yourself as that is what leads to making you feel so bad about eating things like ice cream. Just keep the portion size down. I used to eat like 1-2 cups of ice cream at a time. Now I eat about a half cup almost everyday and it hasn't sidetracked my weight loss. Eat what you want, not how much you want. = )
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Just think where you would be calorie wise had you not worked out and still had icecream...

You stuck with your plan and you stuck with your exercising, and now you aren't 200 calories behind...

The running helped your heart, and lungs and whole cardio vascular system and one little icecream isn't going to ruin that effort you put in.

CONGRATS! you succeeded!

It would be a cruel world If we couldn't have icecream.

Wish I had a "Like" button for this post!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Arctic Zero is quickly becoming one of my best friends. :smile:
    http://www.myarcticzero.com/