Loose skin or fat? will this ever go away? (w/o surgery)

Options
2»

Replies

• patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    hey there is something growing out of your belly button---maybe if you twist it --it will tighten up--lol

LOL!!:laugh: wish it worked that way!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Okay.. heres a better example...

2011-07-18_14-49-12_178.jpg

I've only had 2 kids, and my wrinkled extra skin is much worse than yours (I gained about 70 lbs. with each baby). My abs aren't nearly as toned as yours, either -- I'd say pat yourself on the back, because those abs rock! And consider that little tiny bit of loose skin your "warrior scars" for bearing 3 kids. If you look that good in your bathroom in workout clothes, you can certainly rock a bikini or anything else. I can't say the same!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    yes it will. fat cut the fat not the carb
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sarah your tummy looks awesome BUT I do know exactly what ur talking about :( I was just complaining once again to my sister about the exact same thing. You are doing amazing but I think we are stuck with it. But holy hell you look freakin awesome!!!!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't want to belittle your concern, 'cause I realize you are unhappy with it, but if my loose skin looks like that when I reach my goal, I will kiss every stranger I see for a month. Best of luck on it tightening up though.

Good luck with those herpes. LOL.

Anyway; Im scared of loose skin; so I use a age defying lotion that has vitamins a, e, and c in it; those help the skin externally. Im starting to apply it everyday to arms and stomach especially; sometimes in thigh area and love handles, etc. Also getting plenty of water will help with skin elasticity; half ur body weight in ounces plus more if u workout. Cocoa butter will help with stretch marks; i dont have a ton of stretch marks since ive been big my entire life as opposed to someone who over a short period of time gained alot of weight and stretched their skin alot; i grew bigger over 26 years, not over just a few years... Im more worried about excess skin... but if ur more worried about stretch marks then cocoa butter might be the better lotion for you.. or maybe doing the vitamin a, e, and c thing in the morning, and cocoa butter at night... along with water, make sure you are eating plenty of skin elasticity building vitamins to help your body from the instead out (instead of just external lotion)... again, vitamins a, e, and vitamin c rich foods; but also vitamin k, omegas, and i think theres a couple others im forgetting to mention; but all of those really help the skin. spinach is one of the natural foods that contain I think all of the skin elasticity vitamins; so i try to eat spinach everyday; as well as plenty of other foods containing these vitamins.
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    yes it will. fat cut the fat not the carb

Really? I tried once to cut fat down to <20% and struggled because I LOVE me some peanut butter! I have been following a 40-30-30 ratio because its the easiest for me to stick to.
    Where did you hear this? because I would love to read up on it and I would definitely be willing to attempt it again!
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Now, I'm being completely serious on this one...but...what loose skin?

I agree completely!!! What loose skin! I would love for my stomach to look that good!!!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing!! Are you sure you've had 2 kids??
    :tongue:
  • KarlaColvin
    Options
    you look great! I had one baby 9.5 pounder!! I am also very short 5' ft. mine looks much worse. It is tightening, and even though I am losing, I think some of the loose, will say there forever. BUT again, wow 3 kids for you, you look AMAZING!
  • VICKY_83
    VICKY_83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look fab hun .x You should see my skin on my stomach where Iv had 2 c sections I have a over hang of skin cause of the scar...... trust me use some firming cream and coco butter..x
  • VICKY_83
    VICKY_83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't want to belittle your concern, 'cause I realize you are unhappy with it, but if my loose skin looks like that when I reach my goal, I will kiss every stranger I see for a month. Best of luck on it tightening up though.

Good luck with those herpes. LOL.

Anyway; Im scared of loose skin; so I use a age defying lotion that has vitamins a, e, and c in it; those help the skin externally. Im starting to apply it everyday to arms and stomach especially; sometimes in thigh area and love handles, etc. Also getting plenty of water will help with skin elasticity; half ur body weight in ounces plus more if u workout. Cocoa butter will help with stretch marks; i dont have a ton of stretch marks since ive been big my entire life as opposed to someone who over a short period of time gained alot of weight and stretched their skin alot; i grew bigger over 26 years, not over just a few years... Im more worried about excess skin... but if ur more worried about stretch marks then cocoa butter might be the better lotion for you.. or maybe doing the vitamin a, e, and c thing in the morning, and cocoa butter at night... along with water, make sure you are eating plenty of skin elasticity building vitamins to help your body from the instead out (instead of just external lotion)... again, vitamins a, e, and vitamin c rich foods; but also vitamin k, omegas, and i think theres a couple others im forgetting to mention; but all of those really help the skin. spinach is one of the natural foods that contain I think all of the skin elasticity vitamins; so i try to eat spinach everyday; as well as plenty of other foods containing these vitamins.

you are very right..!!x
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    hey there is something growing out of your belly button---maybe if you twist it --it will tighten up--lol

LOL!!:laugh: wish it worked that way!

u look fab! after reading the whole post i realised tht ur SW is my SW ang ur CW is my GW, I dont have kids and i have a full tyre of abs, keep wht r u doing, drink more water and omega 3
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    My stomach looks almost EXACTLY like yours --- even down to the belly button ring that sags down slightly, I finally just took mine out a month or two ago.

My last kid was 8 years ago, and like you, I also gained and lost 50 pounds twice. I also lost another 15 on top of my lowest pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think it gets any better than this, quite frankly.

In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that bad. My husband says I am making a mountain of a molehole, but of course I hate it. He even told me to go get a mini tummy tuck if it really made me feel better, but I think that is too drastic. My body fat is very low, and I have a 4 pack, almost a visible 6 pack, so I know it isn't fat.

What did make it a little better is that I gained 5-7 pounds of muscle. When I was really skinny (around 103) it looked worse.

When I see another person like me, and not myself in the mirror, I can honestly say it isn't really very noticeable at all. I try to stand up as straight as possible all of the time, seems to look better when I do.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    You look Amazing! congrats on all your hard work!!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I had gained 80 lbs w/first pregnancy, and lost 90, still was no where near my goal weight, then got preggo again, gained another 80....up to 258 lbs!! I am now about at 150 lbs.....2.5 yrs ago, I did have a tummy tuck, where they took 6 inches of skin off of my tummy. I would have never been able to wear a 2 piece w/o that surgery! Your stomach looks better than mine did (I also had to get the boobs fixed too!) Now I still have tons of loose skin on my legs and have spokent to a doctor about that...but I don't think I want to endure the pain and put out more money to get them fixed, so I am working extra hard on them....they will never be the way I want them to be w/o surgery, but I have just accepted it! But I can tell you, after losing 110 lbs and my surgery, I am very happy with the way I look from the waste up! Good luck w/your decision.....
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options
    I have it too. I gained 60 with one baby, 50 with the other. I did not get stretch marks but I have alot of loose skin. When I stand it doesn't show but when I sit it sags over my jeans. I hate it. I think using vitamin E and give it time is about all you can do besides surgery. I had a consultation for a tuck and was told I only need a mini-tuck if I decided to go through with it, which I am still undecided. The scar only is about 3 inches long and down where a c-section scar goes. If I still have the skin when I hit my goal weight I will probably go with the mini-tuck.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I have it too. I gained 60 with one baby, 50 with the other. I did not get stretch marks but I have alot of loose skin. When I stand it doesn't show but when I sit it sags over my jeans. I hate it. I think using vitamin E and give it time is about all you can do besides surgery. I had a consultation for a tuck and was told I only need a mini-tuck if I decided to go through with it, which I am still undecided. The scar only is about 3 inches long and down where a c-section scar goes. If I still have the skin when I hit my goal weight I will probably go with the mini-tuck.

look into the It Works body wraps, i wrote about them in my blog, they will save you from surgery
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live but in UK the most recommended for stretchmarks and scarring is Bio-oil. It is recommended by dermatologists and suposedly proven to reduce the sight of these. Its about £11 a bottle and you can get it in boots and pharmacies.

martyxxx
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    that never worked for me :( that and the mederma cream I eve paid $110 for the strivectin D - which helped but didnt get rid of them

3 wraps and 1 month on my thighs NONE left