Which Color Lens Do You Use?

Options
Ok, so I've been going mountain biking a lot in the evenings lately. We usually start around 6:30 or 7, and end right around dusk. I've been wearing my brown/amber lensed glasses to protect my eyes, but have been finding it challenging the see the trail when I'm in the woods. The problem is, the trail snakes in and out of tree cover.

I think clear would suck, gray would be too dark, and the brown is decent, but challenging.

Suggestions? What do y'all do under these circumstances?

Replies

• FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I find that rose/pink colored lens really cut down on the glare but aren't dark enough to mess with your vision.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Probably a rose tinted lens.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Well, since you like the brown, you could look for a lighter brown. There are percentage gradients of light transmission. Look for one that has a very light tint.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I had a 10 coupon for the bike shop, so I ran up there before I headed to the trails tonight. I ended up buying Ryders photo chromic glasses. I'm in love! These things are the bomb! They get really clear When under cover, but darken up really fast in the sun! For 40 bucks, im sold! Impact resistant too!

http://ryderseyewear.com/node/199

And yes, I got the pink frames ( but only because they were the only ones they had in stock!)