NSV on Military fitness standards =)

Options
maiituu
maiituu Posts: 81 Member
Hello MFP community, I have a great NSV that I would like to share with you. I’m in the Military and we have to test every 6 months on our fitness standards, the test composition goes by sit-ups, pushups, waists size and 1 ½ mile run. Seven months ago I failed this test with a score of 63/100 by doing a 13+ run, horrible waist size of 41, and barely doing 39/62 sit-ups with a 1 minute limit (passing score is 75, however there is a minimum requirement for each component according to our age. . . yeah is complicated loll), I failed pretty much everything but the pushups portion. This event was one of the main reasons why I decided to change my lifestyle, with that said I had 45 days to retest, failing again was not an option since failing more than once meant that I could get kicked out of the military, I knew it was going to be difficult but the thought of losing my job over my fitness kept me motivated. 45 days later I re-tested again and improved greatly, my run time was 11:30, waist size 37, pushups 57/62, sit ups 52/57 that gave me a score of 87/100. I was happy but at the same time it made me determined to get a score above 90, anybody that scores above this are allowed to test once a year instead of every six months, and receive a 1 day pass, not to mention the bragging rights. Well MFPs 6 months later I did it!!!! My waist dropped 2 sizes (35), I did 54/57 sit-ups, 60/62 pushups (I could have maxed out but for some reason I stopped at 60 when I had 10 seconds left) and a run of 10:30, adding all of this together I ended up with at 96/100. For the first time in a long time I feel great about myself, I really feel like I accomplished something that not everybody can achieve, and if it wasn’t for MFP and its community I would have never achieved this score, I want to say Thank you! From the bottom of my heart, and sorry for the wall of text.

Replies

• allnewellie
    allnewellie Posts: 156
    Options
    WTG!!!!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    So exicted for you! I do know exactly how that is, my son is a Marine and he would text me his stats so I could calc his PFT score.

Again, Super Big Congrats and Keep it up!

Thank you for your service!!!!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a great accomplishment! Way to go!
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My hubs has been working on getting his BARELY 90 score up to at least 95 for a while...by a while I mean our whole marriage haha (2 yrs) Good job! I know the AF is really kicking up the PT scores now (assuming other branches are as well) So the higher the score the better off youll be long term! CONGRATS AND THANK YOU!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    WTG!! I got tired just reading how much you did!!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!!! Hope you improve each time you take a test :bigsmile: as you can have bragging rights :laugh:
  • Fzyo0001
    Fzyo0001 Posts: 11
    Options
    I congratulate you Airman! Now this old Soldier has to get ahead of the curve. APFT will be in Oct. I want to be in shape and hopefully off my Diabetes meds!.
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Congrats!
  • maiituu
    maiituu Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragment!
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Great to have a goal and exceed it!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    ultra super cool :) Great work soldier!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

I'm currently finishing up my masters and thinking about the national guard to pay off my college debt, so I am working on my numbers. The sad thing is that pushups are what are killing me (maybe 40 right now :sad: ), but I can easily do all the rest.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Dude, that's awesome!
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment!!!!!!! You're the sort of soldier/airman/sailor/marine the US needs!!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! My husband is in the Air Force, so I know how important this is and you did an amazing job by doing your best!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!