Newbie, and looking for a support group! :)

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Jess, and I'm pretty new to myfitnesspal. I've been doing it for about a week, and I'm really excited about the changes I've been making to my lifestyle! I'm just a little nervous about dieting alone since none of my family is doing it, and my father is a FANTASTIC cook, so it's hard to resist his delicious, fatty, Italian cooking. So I'm looking for a big support group to keep me motivated! I don't mean to sound desperate but uh... be friends with me! It would really help me to reach my goals!
I look forward to this experience, and following and reading all of your stories! :)

Replies

• teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, no one in my house hold is dieting or exercising and now that it's summer, all my friends want to do is go out and drink! I'm still trying to stay focused on what is really important to me, but then when none of my friends are on the same page, it's hard and get lonely. :sad: I would love to be your friend and I was looking for a support group as well but they all seem to be closed!

Ashleigh
  • jgouldsmith
    Options
    Welcome! I've lost about 21 lbs so far, still have about 60 to go! I love this site!
  • lladdafaddall2
    Options
    ME TOO! HERE WE GO! SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT!
  • MarilynGrube
    MarilynGrube Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm new too!!! It's only my second day!! :)
  • TurkTurkleton
    Options
    I'm new as well! Everyone around me eats whatever and it's a bit annoying when I am trying to lose weight. Lets do it together! :D
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I have very little "real life" support. My mom and sister are very overweight, and my boyfriend actually needs to GAIN weight! I've been on MFP for a few weeks and the online support is so helpful - adding you now so we can keep each other accountable!