Struggling close to goal weight?

Options
Hello all! I'm within 5 pounds of my goal weight and it seems like I've come to a crashing halt. For the past couple of weeks I've only gone UP a few pounds of water weight from TOM (joy). I'm joining a new gym to start taking some classes/strength train and I also started doing couch to 5K almost 2 weeks ago, so I'm working out and trying to switch things up. Has anyone else had similar trouble and what did you do to break it? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? What's our goal set at? I'd suggest changing it to 0.5lbs to week if it's not there already. Your body is not going to let go of those last few pounds unless it's getting adequate nutrition.
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? What's our goal set at? I'd suggest changing it to 0.5lbs to week if it's not there already. Your body is not going to let go of those last few pounds unless it's getting adequate nutrition.

I have my goal still set at 2 pounds per week. I usually eat between 1300 and 1400 pounds and exercise to net just under 1200. I eat pretty well and it ends up being a lot of food. I certainly don't feel like I'm starving!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'd really recommend eating MORE.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm almost to the last 5 pounds for my current goal, and I still have my loss at a pound a week.. I just upped my activity level so that I could have a bit more calories because I knew that when I kept losing a pound a week at sedetary was not going to cut it.

I would try upping you're calories a bit so that you net more then 1200... and also keep drinking water, eating healthy and give it time.. the weight will come off!
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Hopefully I'll have good news for you soon!