Is it a muffin, a cake, or a brownie??? Yum-o!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    These sound great...I have a can of organic pumpkin puree that I have been looking for a use for & my son just asked for chocolate muffins. Couldn't be anymore perfect, thanks for sharing!!
  • Tbenee0920
    Tbenee0920 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I NEED TO SINK MY TEETH INTO!
  • lrraska
    lrraska Posts: 33
    Options
    Ok ladies and gents, I just HAVE to share this!!!!! Who loves chocolate cake???? I went swimming at the inlaws today... my mother in law whips out these muffin looking things and says to try one... OMG!!!!! YUMO! Guess what the ingredients was??? A chocolate cake mix and 1 can of pure pumpkin puree... thats it ladies... no egg, oil... just pumpkin puree and a cake mix of your choice. 350 in the oven. Its a cross between a peice of cake and brownie sorta. I swear, you wont be disappointed!!!!! Not sure of cals, but she is on WW and said it was 2 points :)

Does she use the large canof pumpkin puree?
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Ok ladies and gents, I just HAVE to share this!!!!! Who loves chocolate cake???? I went swimming at the inlaws today... my mother in law whips out these muffin looking things and says to try one... OMG!!!!! YUMO! Guess what the ingredients was??? A chocolate cake mix and 1 can of pure pumpkin puree... thats it ladies... no egg, oil... just pumpkin puree and a cake mix of your choice. 350 in the oven. Its a cross between a peice of cake and brownie sorta. I swear, you wont be disappointed!!!!! Not sure of cals, but she is on WW and said it was 2 points :)

Does she use the large canof pumpkin puree?

15 oz can of pumpkin
  • gloryajean
    Options
    About not being able to find pure pumpkin puree - I know that Libbys makes two kinds. One has just pure 100% pumpkin. The other is Pumpkin Pie Filling which does have sugar and spices in it. It makes it easy to make a pie - you would just add eggs and evaporated milk to that one... you could probably use the Pumpkin Pie filling if you can't find the 100% Pumpkin - but just know that it will add a few extra calories since there is sugar in it. Here is their web site for more info and recipes. I even found a recipe on there for Pumpkin Granita!!! Great for the summer!! LOL
    http://www.verybestbaking.com/Libbys.aspx
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i am having the same problem--can't find the puree?? :frown:
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sorry! jsut saw the info about the pumpkin puree--i will look for Libby's..thank you for posting!
  • vancouveritegirl
    Options
    Yes! I've wanted to try this ever since I saw the recipe in those 200 calorie skinny girl books! Definately gonna try this now :)
  • stporter
    stporter Posts: 16
    Options
    Sounds... interesting, but definitely worth a try. Thanks for posting!
  • xcmom
    xcmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can also make with a spice cake mix & 1 can of pumpkin. My husband & teenage son love these!! We always make a double batch at a time & they last about 2 days. Another one that was a big hit was Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix.
  • tewsy
    tewsy Posts: 34
    Options
    That sounds interesting, I have heard of using applesauce before but never pumpkin puree! I will have to try it!
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    bump
  • itisjessdarling
    itisjessdarling Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yay. Cant wait to try these! :)
  • tewsy
    tewsy Posts: 34
    Options
    I just found the original recipe on Hungry Girl and she states it is 181 calories and is should be 5 WW points.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1385