say no to HCG

Options
124»

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    To be blunt, these articles demonstrate an ignorance of true homeopathy. I do not know one other person who practices homeopathy who would exclusively use homeopathy for post-op pain. I would take the morphine as well. What I would love to see is a study that would reflect healing time in these same situations. D
    Personally, I am a fan of homeopathy. I have used homeopathy to successfully treat a wide range of acute and chronic illnesses for my family. This hCG scam is NOT homeopathy!!! It gives homeopathy and really bad spin!!!:explode:

D

I'm sorry, but there are several peer-reviewed articles showing homeopathic remedies as being no more effective than placebos.

To be blunt, these articles demonstrate an ignorance of true homeopathy. D

What this study adds

• The complex of homeopathy tested in this study (Arnica montana 5 CH, Bryonia alba 5 CH, Hypericum perforatum 5 CH and Ruta graveolens 3 DH) is not superior to placebo in reducing 24 h morphine consumption after knee ligament reconstruction.

Aims The efficacy of homeopathy is still under debate. The objective of this study was to assess the efficacy of homeopathic treatment (Arnica montana 5 CH, Bryonia alba 5 CH, Hypericum perforatum 5 CH and Ruta graveolens 3 DH) on cumulated morphine intake delivered by PCA over 24 h after knee ligament reconstruction.

Methods This was an add-on randomized controlled study with three parallel groups: a double-blind homeopathic or placebo arm and an open-label noninterventional control arm. Eligible patients were 18–60 years old candidates for surgery of the anterior cruciate ligament. Treatment was administered the evening before surgery and continued for 3 days. The primary end-point was cumulated morphine intake delivered by PCA during the first 24 h inferior or superior/equal to 10 mg day−1.

Results One hundred and fifty-eight patients were randomized (66 in the placebo arm, 67 in the homeopathic arm and 25 in the noninterventional group). There was no difference between the treated and the placebo group for primary end-point (mean (95% CI) 48% (35.8, 56.3), and 56% (43.7, 68.3), required less than 10 mg day−1 of morphine in each group, respectively). The homeopathy treatment had no effect on morphine intake between 24 and 72 h or on the visual analogue pain scale, or on quality of life assessed by the SF-36 questionnaire. In addition, these parameters were not different in patients enrolled in the open-label noninterventional control arm.

Conclusions The complex of homeopathy tested in this study was not superior to placebo in reducing 24 h morphine consumption after knee ligament reconstruction.

Paris et al. 2007

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2125.2007.03008.x/abstract

RESULTS:
    Groups were well matched (sex, age, history of bleeding or thrombosis, drug intake, previous intake of homeopathic drugs, type of operation and anaesthesia, operator). One drop-out has been replaced. No statistically significant difference in postoperative haematomas was found between the Arnica and placebo groups (p = 0.342). Subanalysis of all other items did not reveal any statistical difference either.

CONCLUSIONS:
    In this study, with this dosage, we did not observe any preventive effect of homeopathic Arnica CH5 on poststripping haematomas.

Ramelett et al. 2000

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11146347
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm ALL for supporting the HCGers. In fact, since they all tout that their massive caloric deficit is compensated fully by their fat stores, I say, why bother with the 500 calories a day at all? I mean, all that does is slow down their AMAZING results. I say all they need is their little HCG fix and go with NO calories. Why didn't we think of it?!?

Really, I'm all for "survival of the fittest", so let the HCGers be... please. Do we really want that kind of logic to get passed down to future generations? I don't think so.
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm ALL for supporting the HCGers. In fact, since they all tout that their massive caloric deficit is compensated fully by their fat stores, I say, why bother with the 500 calories a day at all? I mean, all that does is slow down their AMAZING results. I say all they need is their little HCG fix and go with NO calories. Why didn't we think of it?!?

Really, I'm all for "survival of the fittest", so let the HCGers be... please. Do we really want that kind of logic to get passed down to future generations? I don't think so.

love it! :laugh:
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Or, if you are interested in trying it I'm 8 weeks along and saving up for the nursery ;) Give you a hell of a deal :D
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i cracked up reading this thread. heart you all!
  • arlingtonangel
    arlingtonangel Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Or, if you are interested in trying it I'm 8 weeks along and saving up for the nursery ;) Give you a hell of a deal :D

LOL your a pee pusher LOL
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Obligatory rage bump after reading yet another HCG thread.