If I posted a similar photo of a young girl I would be banned lol
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good gravy!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    wow, that kid is INTENSE. it's great how he's getting other kids involved though :)
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Aww, that was awesome!! A great way to get kids up and moving!!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    With the Freddy Mercury profile photo and this picture, you still might.
  • sf08003
    sf08003 Posts: 30
    Options
    Great story!
  • cjstrong
    cjstrong Posts: 54
    Options
    lol. kid got great aesthetics for his age
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    the video is really good, I am sure that will benefit a lot of overweight kids.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    With the Freddy Mercury profile photo and this picture, you still might.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    A 10-year-old's energy is always amazing to me, which is why I prefer to teach the older ones...I can almost keep up with them. The video is cool, but that pic is horrible; he looks plastic, like his head could just pop off at any moment. I wish there would have been something like this out when either I or my children were his age; I might not have gotten to this point. It is hard to get motivated, as at 10 to exercise with someone who looks your mom's age and is playing something akin to Abba in the background.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Great genetics. That kid will be the next Barry Sanders.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think this is disturbing. I feel just as uncomfortable looking at this kid's picture as I do when I see pictures of little girls with spray tans and fake eyelashes. (To be fair, I didn't watch the video, just saw the picture and skimmed the article.)
  • shifthappens2011
    Options
    A 10-year-old's energy is always amazing to me, which is why I prefer to teach the older ones...I can almost keep up with them. The video is cool, but that pic is horrible; he looks plastic, like his head could just pop off at any moment. I wish there would have been something like this out when either I or my children were his age; I might not have gotten to this point. It is hard to get motivated, as at 10 to exercise with someone who looks your mom's age and is playing something akin to Abba in the background.

My first thought was that he looked like the body of my old Ken doll.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I think this is disturbing. I feel just as uncomfortable looking at this kid's picture as I do when I see pictures of little girls with spray tans and fake eyelashes. (To be fair, I didn't watch the video, just saw the picture and skimmed the article.)

The picture is pretty gross, but the video's cute. He's also wearing more clothing in the video so you don't have to see his scary abs! His muscles are definitely on the "extreme" side, but I think it's awesome that this is geared towards children and that it promotes a healthy lifestyle, whereas child beauty pageants promote sickening lifestyles. I saw this thing online where a woman (a former beautician) shot up her 8 year old daughter with Botox and gave her BIKINI waxes to prevent her from ever growing hair down there. The girl was already excited for the boob job that she'd be getting when she got a little older. the mom thought that since she had been a licensed beautician, that it was safe and okay for her to perform these procedures on her kid. now THAT'S disturbing.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Encouraging kids to be healthy is great and if this is naturally how this kid developed, okay. But kids are already inundated with pictures of celebrities who they think they should look like. I feel like giving this kid so much attention (and distributing pictures like the posed muscley one) will mess him up (i.e., "do people like me because I'm the muscliest kid in the world and they saw my picture on the internet or do they like me because I'm a good person?") and provide yet another unrealistic goal for other kids.
  • Petunia32
    Petunia32 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've always been amazed that my 4yo has pretty good abs. When he sucks his tummy (which isn't fat, he's a healthy weight) in you can see the definition of the muscles. It's really weird.

ETA - I don't see anything wrong with the kid. He's doing it because to him it's fun, and he's helping promote fitness in other kids. The percentage of kids today who are overweight is growing dramatically, they need a good role model like him to look up to, to get them moving, to teach them that it's fun to exercise and eat well.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    This kid is going to be getting so much *kitten* in high school it's unreal.