Dinner Time!

Options
What time do you usually eat dinner? Why does that time in particular work well for you?
What's your go-to meal or meals?

I usually try to eat a little bit later at night so that I avoid getting hungry and wanting a larger snack. I don't really have any go-to dinners. I tend to make shrimp a lot lately though.

Replies

• RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Actually, I've noticed that eating dinner earlier, helps to keep me from snacking *before* dinner, and if I'm hunger later, I then just go to sleep. XD
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I go to bed at 10 and don't like to eat too close to bedtime, so I eat dinner at 8. Plus that's early enough to feed myself & baby, then have time for a quick movie with snuggle time before bed =)

I usually make quick meals, like chicken, or fish. It's quick and easy =)
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i usually eat between 6:30 and 8pm but really try for no later than 730...
    my main go to always seems to be chicken...oh how i love thee...although i have a love affair wit ground turkey
  • kslindner
    kslindner Posts: 107
    Options
    My personal trainer told me that I should eat 4 hours before going to bed because it takes the body 4 hrs to digest anything you eat. If you eat any sooner than that, anything you eat will just turn to fat.
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We eat dinner at around 5, because my husband works an early shift (4am-1pm) so he's in bed by 8. It works good for me though, I can eat my dinner, clean, go for a walk, and then I'm usually too tired to worry about snacking and just hit the hay! I'm in love with stirfrys - quick and easy!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I eat at 5:30 and I have a light snack at 7:00. I usually make chicken or fish with a veggie.
  • cassieeee10
    Options
    I usually eat between 5 and 6:30 depending on my work schedule. I usually have a little snack too at about 8.
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    We try to eat around 6:30. My husband works crazy hours and sometimes he isn't home til after 7, so we adjust dinner around his schedule. We make a lot of chicken with veggies.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    this is one of my main problems . . . .I feed the kids at 4.30pm-5pm . .but I cant eat that early . . .I then go to work at 6pm and dont get back till 10.25pm . . .have got into the terrible habit of eating at 11pm at night . . .even if its only chicken and salad this is still bad :(
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    this is one of my main problems . . . .I feed the kids at 4.30pm-5pm . .but I cant eat that early . . .I then go to work at 6pm and dont get back till 10.25pm . . .have got into the terrible habit of eating at 11pm at night . . .even if its only chicken and salad this is still bad :(

Honestly, I've heard a lot of conflicting reports about the time you eat and weight gain. Don't feel bad! You have to eat! hah
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i'm a early to bed, early to rise kind of gal. Usually dinner is around 5ish. I go upstairs (away from the kitchen) usually by 8ish.
    I'm pretty big on salads, and adventursome condiments. Capers, artichoke tepenade, bread n butter pickles, hummus on the salad. I'll throw a little smoked salmon on there, or maybe have a turkey patty on the side.