Recommended Workout Equipment and/or DVDs.

Options
Eventually after I have some extra money on hand, I would like to purchase some workout equipment and/or dvds. I have some already, but I would like to have variety so I won't get bored and just stop altogether. What are some you can recommend to me? I was thinking about The Firm Express and/or Ab Circle Pro.

At the moment, I already have:

-30 Day Shred.
-Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start.
-P90x [Not use this right now..]
-The Wave by The Firm.

Replies

• georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    LOVE my Elliptical , Zumba Wii and Turbofire those are my favorites I also do have 30 DS and P90x
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Love my spin bike, elliptical, treadmill, Zumba DVD's and various Biggest Loser workout DVD's! :)
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Elliptical , Zumba Wii and Turbofire those are my favorites I also do have 30 DS and P90x

Does the Zumba Wii have the top 40 hits to it that have a good beat or is it the traditional latino music?
  • merew19
    merew19 Posts: 21
    Options
    My elliptical is the BEST! Seriously I burn so many calories on it and get a full body workout because mine has the arms with it too. And if my arms are too sore then I hold on to the bars and just do the legs which gives me great cardio workout! As far as videos I haven't found any that work well for me because I have issues with my hands - so I can't do a lot of strenuous things that require me to push or pull on my wrists too much - if you find any good DVD's that don't require that I'd be interested in knowing. My husband on the other hand swears by the P90X workouts!
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    I have an elliptical which I love. Also, the Insanity workout is an incredible workout. It works you hard and it will really melt those pounds away and firm you up fast. But really, anything is great! I say the most important thing is to get something you know you will enjoy.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I use this site below. I like to switch up my work outs so I don't get bored :P

http://tumblrgym.tumblr.com/
  • jenc79
    jenc79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not a huge fan of DVDs tbh. I always like the idea, but never really use them much.

I find booking into a class (whether BMF, circuits, Body Attack, dance, whatever) is far better for me to actually get off my backside and Do Something.

I have had reasonable success with a very old LP done by Felicity Kendall bought in the 70s and found in my mothers records in the 90s, until I lost the tape, and am persevering with 30 day shred. She's a bit scary though, and I think I may get fed up before it gets easy iyswim.
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't get anything overly gimicky like the ab circle things, you have to lose fat to flatten your stomach.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire. It's fun, I don't get bored of it. It's effective.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Insanity is awesome! Hip Hop Abs is super fun. I have a couple BL work outs; Power Sculpt and Cardio Max... both really good. Also, Bob Harper has a series of dvds out called "Inside Out Method"; I have one for strength training, my mom has a cardio one... I think he has a few others in the series, yoga etc. With the exception of Insanity and Hip Hop Abs, I just scope out Target or Walmart for stuff that looks fun and they're usually around $10, so you're not out too much if it sucks. But I've had really good luck. My mom and I have nick named the Bob Harper dvds "Killer Bob". lol