NSV at the gym

Options
jgaht
jgaht Posts: 47 Member
I've really been trying to step up my cardio. I've been using the elliptical for a while now and always envy the girls who are lifting weights/ using the machines. Well, I decided my arms are a little too flabby. Why can't I strength train too? With the support and guidance of my boyfriend, I went to the gym and strength trained today. It wasn't much (see journal) but I felt so accomplished! In a couple of months, I'm hoping to have toned arms and a smaller waist.

Also, my first full day without a soda in I don't know how long! I'm hoping the withdrawal gets better tomorrow. :smile:

Hope everyone else had an equally awesome day. If not, make tomorrow better. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Don't you feel great when you pump some iron?? :drinker:

Just wait until you start bragging about how sore your muscles are... Then you'll KNOW you're a gym rat!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    strength training DEFINITELY helps with fat loss, maybe more than cardio sometimes..
    make sure your boyfriend is really knowledgable or find a reputable routine online
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am very intimidated by the weight lifting - I'm trying to figure out what to do and how - I'll get there I'm sure. So good for you. I have found the more exercise I am doing the less I want soda - just doesn't satisfy the way water does after a workout, etc. I'm down to about one a week from having one going from the time I got out of bed till I went to bed. So stay with it - it does get easier.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    We all start somewhere. Conngrats! Im a huge fan of weights. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!