Getting in shape with conditions/medications/etc

Options
kelika71
kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
This is a bit of a rant and to those I offend, take a step back first and think about things.

I just posted in another thread about a medication I'm currently taking and know of others on it. Yeah, one of the biggest side effects is weight gain. I watched my sister gain on it. This was after the doctor told her that was a side effect. Mine told me that, too. At first, I didn't care and felt that if I gained, there's my excuse. I feel a lot of people do this. It's much easier to gain, blame and not take responsibility.

I've heard the same about PCOS. Guess what?! I've got that and it is NOT impossible to lose weight. Perhaps, it is a bit tougher for those with it but it is not something that cannot be done.

I just wish people would stop leaning on medical conditions and medications as a reason for not being able to lose weight. I'm on medications and dealing with FIVE diseases. It takes work to lose weight!! We didn't magically gain over night and it sure ain't coming off over night!

Yes, yes! Everyone is different. Let's stop with the excuses, suck it up and start pushing through and working harder at it. If you do that, you will lose weight.

Nothing is impossible if you work hard at it!!

Replies

• CatharinaC
    CatharinaC Posts: 32
    Options
    Woohoo!! I could not agree more... and your success is proof of that. Way to go and love the rant :drinker: a toast to you (water)