HCG

Options
Does anyone know anything about HCG? It would be wonderful to incorporate it with this website which I love......I have been reading some things about it but don't have much info, thoughts and info would be appreciated....gandydancer

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Original poster has posted an exhaustive resource on HCG with references on scientific, double blind studies. I am sure you will find people who claim success, but read this post first.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292606-say-no-to-hcg
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I know it's very restrictive & not for long term weight loss- ask your dr about it
  • GrapeSnatcher
    GrapeSnatcher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i say don't do it! you already have the answer to weight loss- eat less and work out more! Hcg seems easier, but it won't last. My friend did it and she's already back to her old weight. It just doesn't seem healthy to me.
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options
    In a year from now, every person who was on HCG, and other stupid diets like it, will look back and say "what was I thinking???" as they learn the proper way to diet which is through slower calorie restriction and exercise. HCG is another fad diet who made some guy rich at the expense of people around the world. The only difference between HCG and other fad diets is that HCG is literally dangerous. It's so far beyond stupid that saying the words that really describe it would probably get me banned from this site. I would like to meet the person who made this diet up and break his/her kneecaps. That's what I think.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    In a year from now, every person who was on HCG, and other stupid diets like it, will look back and say "what was I thinking???" as they learn the proper way to diet which is through slower calorie restriction and exercise. HCG is another fad diet who made some guy rich at the expense of people around the world. The only difference between HCG and other fad diets is that HCG is literally dangerous. It's so far beyond stupid that saying the words that really describe it would probably get me banned from this site. I would like to meet the person who made this diet up and break his/her kneecaps. That's what I think.

It's posts like this which make me glad to have you as a friend on here. :flowerforyou:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Eat properly and keep active, you dont need this stuff! there are no quick fixes!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Angry face....

HcG = starvation diet. Plain and simple. The HcG is a placebo.
  • zmoreno10
    zmoreno10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Please please PLEASE don't try HCG. Keep using MFP and exercise regularly!! It is much better for you than HCG. A close friend of mine who weighs around 350 pounds tried to use HCG. While he lost 35 pounds in two weeks, it was super restrictive (500 calories per day) and he almost immediately gained it back as soon as he stopped.

These fad diets are not solutions for life.