No thoughts on HCG?????

Options
Hi I see over 29 people viewed my question but noone has replied, wonder why, unless I am missing something which is so entirely possible...gandydancer

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using the search?
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    Its not safe. You can only eat 500 calories a day. You are basicly starving yourself. NOT A GOOD IDEA!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few threads on this with people on both sides of the fence. In my mind, it's crazy. The expectation is while on it you eat VERY few calories and stay pretty much inactive. In no way does this sound healthy. I wouldn't consider!
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Someone sent the website and I read it, thanks, guess I won't be trying it...thanks again.
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on the HCG:

It's another fad diet. You eat 500 calories and it's restrictive on what you eat. It's not healthy IMO. What you need to do is do it the old fashioned way.

-Hard Work aka exercise
    -Healthy eating.
    -Drink tons of water

Day after day, rinse & repeat. Good luck!
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I bought it once. It is supposed to be used and be under 800 or 500 calories a day. I could not eat so little and function normally. I would be weak, dizzy, and tired all the time. It tastes awful and I did not have any results. Do not waste your money.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help..gandydancer
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292606-say-no-to-hcg

Real published scientific evidence. The hormone doesn't cause weight loss, the extreme caloric restriction does. You'll gain it back after stopping, and you'll harm your body in the process.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    no, 500 calories a day is NUTS! that's starvation - NO dr would approve that - even convicts eat more than that AND .. what happens when you start to eat MORE than 500 cal a day? I'd rather have a lifestyle I can live with - you KNOW the answer - THERE ARE NO SAFE SHORTCUTS
    it takes healthy eating, exercise, water & sleep period
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a topic you would have to research for yourself and evaluate the science behind it. This is a question for your family physician. Its a love/hate topic. This is a "research and evaluate on yourself" topic. I would never say to someone its not a good idea because I dont know their medical history nor do I know how their endocrine system is working. Just my thoughts.....
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Been there done it! Don't suggest anyone does it... Basically u starve yourself and lose weight but try going off it and eating normal amount of calories, doesn't work and my hair fell out... Don't do it...I am a year or so out still trying to regulate my body...have decided it is better to eat right and everything in moderation
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm with those that aren't being wishy-washy with their answer. Don't do it! It's dangerous! As with any diet restricting calories you'll lose at first. And then you'll plateau. Do you really want to plateau on only 500 calories a day?? It will kill your metabolism. Then when you do decide to eat at a healthier level, it will take longer to convince your metabolism to work like it was intended. This is definitely NOT a research and ask your family doctor kind of diet. It's a RUN FROM IT AND NEVER LOOK BACK kind.

I HIGHLY suggest listening to fat2fit radio podcasts. You can also find them online.