Hundred Push Ups - November

Options
Continuing on from last month:

Hello everyone!
For those of you just joining the challenge, we are doing the hundredpushups.com program. Please join us! We are all on different levels. Some just starting, some almost to the end and some in the middle.

I am somewhere around week 12 of the "6 week" program. :laugh: But that's ok! I started out being able to do only 1 pushup to now being able to do 200+ in a day (not in a row).

Today was week 6, day 3, level 2 for me. I made it, but just barely!
sets
1&2: 22
3&4: 25
5&6: 20
7&8: 18
9: max - 55 (minimum 55)

I had to pause twice during that last set and lean back (imagine a bad form downward-facing dog), and my legs were shaking at the end. But I am amazed to say I made it through week 6 on level 2! :glasses:

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Continuing on from last month:

Hello everyone!
    For those of you just joining the challenge, we are doing the hundredpushups.com program. Please join us! We are all on different levels. Some just starting, some almost to the end and some in the middle.

I am somewhere around week 12 of the "6 week" program. :laugh: But that's ok! I started out being able to do only 1 pushup to now being able to do 200+ in a day (not in a row).

Today was week 6, day 3, level 2 for me. I made it, but just barely!
    sets
    1&2: 22
    3&4: 25
    5&6: 20
    7&8: 18
    9: max - 55 (minimum 55)

I had to pause twice during that last set and lean back (imagine a bad form downward-facing dog), and my legs were shaking at the end. But I am amazed to say I made it through week 6 on level 2! :glasses:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today was week two, day one

1-14
    2-14
    3-10
    4-10
    5-15 (something popped in my shoulder blade (middle of my back) on the last two.. . .so, uh-oh. Hopefully I didn't hurt anything and it was just a joint pop, but it's a bit sore now)

I did them at the gym, with the extra incentive that I get to log the calories I burn. We'll see if I can stick with it.

On a side note, is anyone doing just push-ups (without strength training) and noticing a difference definition-wise? I can't get over how much I feel them in my arms particularly my triceps.:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I wanna do this!:smile: Im might not get to start today though, it says on the site to read over the whole program really well before you decide to do it, and Im getting ready to go to the grocery:grumble: BUT I do plan to at least get my "test" push ups done tonite and see where I fall...although since you have to do the proper good form (mens push ups is what I call them) push ups for the test, Im sure Im gonna do well to eek out 2!!:frown:

Gonna do this!! Im in guys!!:drinker:

~Roni
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I finally had time to test this morning. I did better than I expected since I am running low on sleep, but not as good as I hoped. I did 65. Five more than last week, but I was aiming for 70. The last of the 65 was pretty bad, but I'm still counting it. :tongue:
    So I am going to attempt week 6 level 3 this week. I may totally bomb out, but I'm going to try anyway. I really need to work on my core. I think if that was stronger I would have gotten to 100 by now.
    I have to move on to level 3. CP is catching up with me! :laugh: My competitive side is kicking in!
    Congrats to everyone's progress!
    Welcome Nonibug!
    And V, I have noticed a small difference in my biceps and a bigger difference in the sides of my arms, without having done anything else. How's your back and shoulder since the pop? I hope it's okay!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay, OOOWWW!!!!
    I decided to go ahead and do the level 3 today. I skipped the first set since I already did 65. I kind of counted that as the first set. I took about 2 minutes between each set and I barely made it through the last one. I was pumping them out as fast as I could before my gut gave out. :laugh: I am already feeling it all over, not just in my arms. Even in my bottom! LOL I must be using every muscle in my body to stay up!
    So here's how it looked for today:
    1-65
    2-55
    3-35
    4-30
    5-55
    240. Seems like more. Whew. Feels like more. It feels good though!
    If I can get this far in the program, I know any of you can! I am one of the laziest people I know and will find an excuse for everything. You have to stick to it and you will get there. By the way this is like week 15 for me (I lost count but it's something like that), so don't get discouraged if you have to keep repeating week 2 or even week 1. I had to repeat every week twice I think, and I've been on week six for about 2 months, so it is going to take time. Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
    MM
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I just did the test and all I could manage was 21 LOL:laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Of course you can join! Welcome! You have ONLY done 21 on your test? That's awesome! way to go!
  • roughneckswife
    Options
    Of course you can join! Welcome! You have ONLY done 21 on your test? That's awesome! way to go!
    So 21 is good?
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yeah! Are you doing girl ones? That's still good! I was able to do about 6 full form on my test and probably about 11 girl ones.
  • roughneckswife
    Options
    Yeah! Are you doing girl ones? That's still good! I was able to do about 6 full form on my test and probably about 11 girl ones.
    Nope, I did full form. It was killing me LOL
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay I'm impressed!:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Hi! I didn't catch on that each month is a new thread. Now I'm on board.

Started over so I could do M-W-F to be in sync with the thread. Level one day one week one -(got to 6 on the "do as many as you can" level at the end.) And I'm happy with that!

:tongue:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Ok I been saying it for about 5 days now :grumble: but today Im going to do my test! But I understood the website to mean that you have to do full mens push ups for the test even if you do girly ones or wall ones for the challenge...is that right? Doing even 2 mens ones are gonna be hard me me lol....

~Roni
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    roughneckswife - OMG, you rock! 21?! I'm with MM & completely impressed! I've been doing girly ones for 1.5 weeks & I'm only up to 10 of those! GOOD FOR YOU!

I'm still practicing with girly ones. Once Roni does her test, so will I. :bigsmile: I know that some of these folks started doing the girly pushups & worked their way up to full form pushups. I don't think it matters what form you're using as long as you're doing it...at least that's what I keep telling myself. LOL

I'm inspired by all of you! You're doing great!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Ok...finally did my test! Humbling it WAS!:embarassed: I tried to do a mens pushup, fell to the floor in the middle of the 1st one:laugh: So...switched over to the girl ones and only managed 3:ohwell: So, thats where Im at!

Ok 3BB...now the ball's in your court!:wink:

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    oh, junk ... she called my bluff! LOL i'll get them in when the kids go down for a nap BEFORE I turbo jam...after I TJ, it is just a joke. here we go!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    You are all doing fantastic! I'm so glad to have each one of you here! Even if you are only able to do 1 or 3, it is great that you are here! After one week you will be encouraged and amazed by your progress!
    I did week 6 level 3 day 2 today. I really was not in the mood at all! But I pumped them out as fast as I could. I know I didn't get that low but I will work on that next week.
    So here's the count!
    1&2-22
    3&4-30
    5&6-24
    7&8-18
    9-60(min 58!)
    Now if I can do 60 after all the others, SURELY I can do 75-80 in a row by now! Goal is 100 by Thanksgiving weekend! I hope I can do it! There's a shirt with my name on it!
    MM
    PS Does anyone else close their eyes while doing it?(the push ups that is. :blushing: didn't realize how bad that sounded till after I typed it. lol.) I do. I get through them faster!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    So I'm going to look like a dope compared to you fantastic people, but I just did week one, level one, day one. Did I say one? lol

1 - 3
    2 - 2
    3 - 2
    4 - 2
    5 - 10 (min 5).

and I'm proud to say, I did it girly style. :bigsmile: Once I can actually DO a full form pushup, then I'll probably start the weeks over, but for now, I'm heading into it girly style. Plus, I'm still having that problem with my hip & the full form actually makes it pop mid push. Weird.

You go, MM! That's an awesome goal!

sara
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yay 3BB! I'm proud of you! You did great your first day! I did the first week with girly push ups and then I was able to start then next week with full form. Way to go girl!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    *bows to the crowd* Thank you! I'm pretty proud of myself, too. It doesn't take much. HA!