Fell off the wagon...

Options
... and may have bumped my head! :laugh:

I had a really stressful week. My job has all of a sudden picked up and we are getting slammed. My schedule has been so hectic. On top of that, I got a call on Thursday that my dad had a small heart attack. He is doing well now, but it was quite a scare.

Thursday was a bad day as far as calories went and friday was terrible. There was pizza and McDonalds and candy... talk about eatting for comfort!

In all of this though, I had a talk with my boss at work. I was talking about how people are reacting to the weight loss I have had so far and he started telling me about this diet he likes to follow. (I listened politely, but I just want to stay with MFP!) The thing that got me was that he said, "I really think you can do this." I found myself agreeing with him.

I am not feeling very well from all the yucky food over the past two days :sick: but I am planning to hit the gym today and work off some of the damage I did. I am also gonna keep logging... even though I avoided it the past two days. I have been really on track for the last month and it was tough having a bump in the road, but I have no intention of stopping my efforts. If anything I have to step it up. It was a relapse... but two days won't change my motivation.

Replies

• DjBliss05
    Options
    ... and may have bumped my head! :laugh:

I had a really stressful week. My job has all of a sudden picked up and we are getting slammed. My schedule has been so hectic. On top of that, I got a call on Thursday that my dad had a small heart attack. He is doing well now, but it was quite a scare.

Thursday was a bad day as far as calories went and friday was terrible. There was pizza and McDonalds and candy... talk about eatting for comfort!

In all of this though, I had a talk with my boss at work. I was talking about how people are reacting to the weight loss I have had so far and he started telling me about this diet he likes to follow. (I listened politely, but I just want to stay with MFP!) The thing that got me was that he said, "I really think you can do this." I found myself agreeing with him.

I am not feeling very well from all the yucky food over the past two days :sick: but I am planning to hit the gym today and work off some of the damage I did. I am also gonna keep logging... even though I avoided it the past two days. I have been really on track for the last month and it was tough having a bump in the road, but I have no intention of stopping my efforts. If anything I have to step it up. It was a relapse... but two days won't change my motivation.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    well seeing as yesterday was halloween, and my daughter brought home all kinds and we had all kinds left over, I definitely fell off the wagon and got run over by it. :) I gave up counting the calories last night with those tiny little chocolate bars (and I am not talking a couple) and woke this morning, back on track and went for my run. It happens, don't beat yourself up, you can do it, because you want it.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Exactly only a bump in the road and in life there will be many. So good for you staying motivated and positive.:drinker: That's the kind of attitude that will see you to the end.
    Glad your dad is doing better:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude! I have to keep reminding myself that just because yesterday was a bad day, doesnt mean today has to be worse!!

Have a great workout!:flowerforyou:
  • dmt595
    Options
    I've been having some bad days too and my weight loss is slowing down and now it seems like everyone else is lossing weight but me,but i am still working out but the weight loss is slow.I need a good eating plan to deal with everyday situations.