Do I eat my BMR?

Options
Hi, so I just did a bunch of calculations for my
BMR:1892
RMR: 2008
If I multiply my BMR by 1.2 for a sedentary lifestyle (I prefer to think of my exercise calories as 'add-on' to this number) then I get
I have roughly 80-100 pounds to lose, wherever I feel satisfied.
So MFP has me at:
From Normal Daily Activity 2,300 calories/day
Your Daily Goal 1,350 calories/ day
Daily Calorie Deficit 950 calories
Projected Weight Loss 1.9 lbs/ week

So if I'm eating 1350 I am supposedly 542 cals under my BMR and 658 under my RMR.
I exercise 2-3 days a week and I'll usually eat some of my exercise calories. Oh and I'm also not really open to the idea of switching to a 1 or 1.5 pd loss just yet because I have a lot to lose. I probably will at 3 months ish.
Anyways sorry for the obscene amount of numbers, but aside from some very unfortunate days, I'm almost never eating my BMR. So far I've seen the initial water/bloat loss, but I don't want to be lowering my metab. Should I up my calories to my BMR? It seems rather scary to be eating a full extra 500 cals everyday. :noway:

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No! You're doing fine. MFP has already done all the math for you; don't question it. That's the one thing MFP has right (don't get me started calorie estimations for exercises)... if you ate your BMR, you would maintain. Your BMR is what your body burns naturally without exercise. This is why you're eating the 1350 because the difference is what is allowing you to lose weight. If you want to maintain, SURE, by all means, eat 1892. Otherwise, stick to 1350 and eat as much of your exercise calories so that your daily NET is 1200 and you should lose weight just fine. Never let your NET dip below 1200. As you get closer to your goal, you'll have to be more strict about your NET being 1350 or higher depending on with each 10 lb loss, your calories go up or down.