Exercise questions

Options
1. How many days a week do you work out?

2. How long each time do you work out?

3. How many pounds a week on average do you lose?

4. Do you eat back your exercise calories?

Replies

• rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    1. 5-6
    2. 60+ minutes
    3. one to two
    4. No
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I take a 20-30 minute walk every day. I play basketball twice a week.
    Basketball: 30-60 minutes
    So far on week 2, I have lost roughly 15 pounds (I'm a big guy :) )
    I have not gotten into the habit just yet, but I'm sure I will soon.
  • angstypirates
    angstypirates Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1. Five or six days a week. I generally aim for six days, and most of the time I make it happen.

2. Anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours. My long workouts are not gym-bound -- I like to hike and walk and adventure. Those days I burn a lot of calories just being out and about and doing and seeing and playing! My typical gym routines are from 30 to 50 minutes.

3. About 1 pound per week, on average.

4. I eat back to about 1200 net calories. But I honestly eat when I'm hungry or feeling like my body needs something. Listening to my natural desires usually keeps me at about the same net calorie intake, no matter how much I've exercised.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    1. 6-7
    2. 30-45 mins.
    3. So far, 1 lb.
    4. No. I have a hard time eating 1200, much less adding more to that.
  • dford2026
    dford2026 Posts: 6
    Options
    I try to work out 5 days a week
    There is no set time, usually 30min to 45min
    I lose about a 1-2 pounds a week lifting
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I would like to.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    It's not so much as to what others do but how much you can do! I would say you should exercise at least 3 times per week for 60 mins each session. By exercise, I mean cardio/strength routines. Anything else, to me is a bonus. My only piece of advice is that whatever you do to lose the weight, you have to do to keep it off. So if you workout 6 days/wk now, you'll have to do it for life. Same with the decision to eat the extra exercise calories acquired. If you don't eat them you'll lose more quickly nut if you deprive yourself it may actually backfire on you. The healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week.

Good luck with your journey!
  • abqmike
    abqmike Posts: 3
    Options
    1. How many days a week do you work out? I am doing the Insanity DVDs which is 6 days a week.

2. How long each time do you work out? Month one workouts average about 38 minutes.

3. How many pounds a week on average do you lose? Over the last 8 weeks I have averaged 2 pounds a week

4. Do you eat back your exercise calories? I usually do not eat back my exercise calories. I watch my food intake closely. I am really focused on quality nutrition habits. I find that 5 small meals a day keeps me from getting hungry. Usually one day a week I get really hungry and will eat back my exercise calories.

CW: 199 GW: 165
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1. Six
    2. about an hour.
    3. I've been doing that for about 8 weeks now and have lost 6lbs (and I'm close to goal which means slower weight loss).
    4. Yes, and then some. I'm not very good at staying under my goal (which is only 0.5lbs/ week)
  • InTheRightLane
    Options
    1. How many days a week do you work out? 5-6

2. How long each time do you work out? 60-90 minutes

3. How many pounds a week on average do you lose? None to 2, really depends on the week. I've been on a very gradual weight loss journey for the past 3 years. In the past year I've lost 18 lbs. (I am now at a normal BMI)

4. Do you eat back your exercise calories? I just started MFP. I've been eating back about half.
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    1. When ever I get a chance....I work nites so getting to the gym is tough. I try for 2-3 times a week.

2. 30-60 minutes usually on the elliptical machine.

3. 1-2 pounds per week

4. some days yes, some days no. I see what my body needs.