MFP Runners Club 11/1

Options
What the Heck!! It is almost noon...where are all of you??

I just had my longest run since my 1/2 marathon in Sept. Finally made my way back to just over 6 miles. Taking almost 2 months off has been terrible for me.....I gotta get my grove back :laugh: :laugh:

Happy Running......

Ali

Replies

• alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    What the Heck!! It is almost noon...where are all of you??

I just had my longest run since my 1/2 marathon in Sept. Finally made my way back to just over 6 miles. Taking almost 2 months off has been terrible for me.....I gotta get my grove back :laugh: :laugh:

Happy Running......

Ali
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Maybe people are racing today?
    I did a good ol 4.5 miles this morning. My DH went hunting and left at 4:30. I had no childcare and was itching to run. Luckily, my 84 year old grandma, who is awesome, volunteered to watch my kids for an hour. God Bless her. I felt great to have some "me" time. It makes me a less grouchy parent.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    The day after Holloween, I bet most endulged a little last night.
    I was going to make my first run in a month, but weather warning on TV scared me, so I did some warm up work out and jogged on my jogging jumping thing for 10 minutes and my stair stepper for 5 minutes and now I think I will give the tread mill a few minutes. It isn't running on the road for my usual miles, but I am glad to be working up a little even though.
    I hated be in recovery, I gained 7 pounds in a months. I have to get that off now. NO excuses anymore! Get up, Get out and Run!
    Have a great day.
    SM
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    The good news is I got a good run in this morning, almost 15 miles. :drinker: The bad news is I had Reeses peanut butter cup and mini Snickers for my run snacks instead of my gel pack. :ohwell: Oh well, it's only once a year!!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Yeah, I am soooo happy. My first run in a month and I was able to do a strong 20 minute jog and burned 200 calories. OMG I missed running. So glad to be able to again.
    :flowerforyou:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Had my 5K this morning - well, it was actually 3.6 miles. The course was miscalculated. :huh: Regardless, I ended up finishing first in my age group - 27 minutes, not sure of the seconds...

The best part was the nice cold beer served afterwards! :wink: Mmmmm...
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! No run today, tomorrow is the training run w/ my buddies (I thought it was this morning! Doh!). So I did a leg workout- Cathe's Legs & Glutes, and a stability ball ab workout.

My Mom was here visiting so we went to lunch and took the girls to see High School Musical 3. No movie popcorn for me!! :noway:

Have a good one!

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Strawberry: Welcome back and congrats on your recovery!
    Hessied: Your times amaze me :flowerforyou:
    Jess; how was the movie? My girls would also like to see it. Enjoy your run tomorrow!

I came home from our Halloween party at school yesterday and went for a 4.5 mile run through a local park. Beautiful! The weather is so wonderful here right now. This morning I took the car in for an oil change. Left it there and ran home to clean the house. (I did get a ride to pick it up though :tongue: Only because by then I'd showered!)