My BF said i am too fat!

Options
Hi,all guys and ladies here. I wanna share my story; I am so sad now. last weekend, I just got this convertible Dress for our Hawaii travelling.
http://tinyurl.com/44ndfwu
I showed it to my honey in the hope of getting praise or something els. But he said :"you are too fat on this dress." His words like a sword. It hurt my heart deeply. What do u think about this dress? Is it nice? I am 150 pounds now. Am I too fat??? If so, what I should do to lose weight?

Replies

• northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You could always lose 200+ pounds of boyfriend!!

Edit:
    It does seem to be the kind of dress that would be "unforgiving," but until you try it on there is really no way to know how you will look. It might fit you perfectly, who knows? I'm sorry your feelings got hurt though. Try to stay positive and definitely let your BF know that comments like that are NOT helpful. Use curse words if necessary.
  • Faybelline88
    Options
    Get a new boyfriend and you'll lose about 180lb all in one go! ;-)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Agree with the rest. That's a horrible thing to say!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Well try the dress on.....how did it fit....and I think he is very mean for saying that to you......i agree with the rest.....
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Lose the boyfriend. he sounds like a jerk.
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Options
    :noway: 150 is NOT FAT!!!:grumble: ur bf needs to be smacked! :angry: he should be there to encourage you!!!
  • MasterXelcas
    MasterXelcas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you look great and 150 lbs is not bad at all, ur bf is an idiot
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    Drop him like a bad habit and you'll be so much lighter , you'll float!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    get rid of tha loser bf.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Um, if I weighed 150 and wore a dress like that, my husband might just keel over. Wear that dress and forget what he says!
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I would dump him right now. My partner loves me whatever size I am :smile:
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    He isn't the guy for you... dump his silly *kitten* and find someone who will appreciate the dress...
    You are awesome.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Whaaaaaaa?! Wow, not a very supportive thing to say. But damn, if the dress makes you happy the way you look in it, does it matter what he thinks - even after that comment?? No!! Like everyone else says: 150 is NOT fat. Get a girlfriends opinion. Your girls will tell you what's up.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    Fu*k him! Really!?
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh, and hell yeah, the dress is beautiful.
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would reflect on whether the Boyfriend said this in passing or if he was trying to be malicious. If he was being malicious then probably is a good idea to put him on notice.

If it was an off the cuff comment - you should try to understand that often Men are just not very good at being diplomatic sometimes - and will speak the truth without considering the consequences.

Ask yourself - do you want your boyfriend to say that you are not fat - even if you are ??

Anyway - I hope you are ok.
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would reflect on whether the Boyfriend said this comment in passing or if he was trying to be malicious. If he was being malicious then it probably is a good idea to put him on notice.

If it was an off the cuff comment - you should try to understand that often Men are just not very good at being diplomatic sometimes - and will speak the truth without considering the consequences.

Ask yourself - do you want your boyfriend to say that you are not fat - even if you are ??

Anyway - I hope you are ok.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yes that was the wrong thing to say to the OP. What if he has a point? What if the dress doesn't fit her and she just looks ridiculous in it?
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love that dress! Tell him to take a hike, if you feel good and look good in it, forget what he thinks!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yes that was the wrong thing to say to the OP. What if he has a point? What if the dress doesn't fit her and she just looks ridiculous in it?
    Then there are FAR better ways to say it!