Its the little things....

jimswmn
jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
Its the little things that make me aware that good things are happening in just 3 weeks. I have only lost 3 pounds but I know the inches are melting away. Yesterday on my cool down lap, my hubby put his arm around me and pulled me to his side and said hey your hip isn't bumping into me. I was like huh and he said your hips are smaller cause it usually bumped into my leg when we walked like this. Awwww if he noticed, all the work is definitely worth it. Put a big ol smile on my face.

Just wanted to share. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Its the little things that make me aware that good things are happening in just 3 weeks. I have only lost 3 pounds but I know the inches are melting away. Yesterday on my cool down lap, my hubby put his arm around me and pulled me to his side and said hey your hip isn't bumping into me. I was like huh and he said your hips are smaller cause it usually bumped into my leg when we walked like this. Awwww if he noticed, all the work is definitely worth it. Put a big ol smile on my face.

Just wanted to share. :flowerforyou:
  • good for u
  • gnu1971
    gnu1971 Posts: 37 Member
    That's so cool! A couple of weeks ago, my husband spontaneously (read: I didn't point out a smaller size jeans, t-shirt, whatever) commented that my butt was smaller (after he said it was cute :blushing: ). Of course, being him....he later that week made some snide remark about the dumpiness of the same knit pants. :tongue:
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Mr. Sensitivity speaks again! Well, he's awkward, but he tries. :tongue:

(for all those who don't know, we're related!)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    That's so cool! A couple of weeks ago, my husband spontaneously (read: I didn't point out a smaller size jeans, t-shirt, whatever) commented that my butt was smaller (after he said it was cute :blushing: ). Of course, being him....he later that week made some snide remark about the dumpiness of the same knit pants. :tongue:

:noway: are we married to the same man???? Or maybe they are twins separated at birth!??:grumble: :grumble:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mwatanabe
    mwatanabe Posts: 10 Member
    My fiance did the same thing to me today! He made the comment that my butt felt tighter and I was looking a lot sexier in my favorite pair of jeans! :)
  • mwatanabe
    mwatanabe Posts: 10 Member
    My fiance did the same thing to me today! He made the comment that my butt felt tighter and I was looking a lot sexier in my favorite pair of jeans! :)
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    I love those little things we notice - like when you can feel your hip flexors again, or the curve of your butt is more of a 90 degree angle instead of a 45 degree angle!:love::laugh:

And the BIG things, like how I've gone from 14's and 16's to 13's and 12's, which is horrible, because I had some really nice pants and now they don't fit! It took me about 6 months to accumulate (read: shop for) those nice pants, now I have to repeat the process!! It's not like I can just go out and come home with an armload full of neat stuff! I'm very picky about clothes, and thrift shopping makes the process take even longer because imo wardrobes are built slowly. I"m not one of those people who can go out and shop for $300 worth of mix'n'match separates and build a wardrobe in one afternoon (not many of us are). :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!