Too much, too soon?

laird20k
laird20k Posts: 96 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I just got back on track today. (I need a memorable day to start like Nov. 1. I know you shouldn't do this!!) Anyway, I don't know whether I should dive head first into both watching what I eat and exercising. I feel like if I start both today then I will take on too much. But on the other hand, if I don't start exercising today then I will just keep putting it off. Any advice?

Replies

• laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    I just got back on track today. (I need a memorable day to start like Nov. 1. I know you shouldn't do this!!) Anyway, I don't know whether I should dive head first into both watching what I eat and exercising. I feel like if I start both today then I will take on too much. But on the other hand, if I don't start exercising today then I will just keep putting it off. Any advice?
  • Today was my "start over" day too :( I am starting with my calorie count and exercise together. My mindset is once I go to the gym and workout I do everything I can not to undo my hard work...if I don't workout that contributes to my thinking I can just start again another day. Get started with everything and good luck
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    If you think doing both at once is too hard do what I did, first got a handle on reducing my eating and only added exercise a couple times a week, the bonus to that is once you add your exercise, you get to add calories too, it seems like kind of a reward. Within a couple weeks I could balance my food, and liked being able to eat extra so it motivated me to exercise more.
  • Classiccolors
    Classiccolors Posts: 5 Member
    If it feels like too much, just keep the exercise low key to start. Go for a walk every day. It will make a difference in how you feel. Once you get a good habit going with food, then you can start ramping up and doing more intense exercise. Good luck!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    I need a memorable day to start like Nov. 1. I know you shouldn't do this!!

Don't we all? :wink: I just decided at some point to give more meaning to random dates and weekdays (like, not only Mo is a good start, but Th just as well, cos I was born on a Th)
    I feel like if I start both today then I will take on too much. But on the other hand, if I don't start exercising today then I will just keep putting it off. Any advice?

My advice is: get out there and exercise! :wink: Even if it's just a walk :smile: . You can do it! and you'll feel so much better and motivated afterwards! :flowerforyou: Good luck and keep up the good spirit!

P.S. Your pic, rstyles, made me think you're Avril Lavigne :laugh:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Honestly, I think it's easier to stay on track when you add in exercise. First of all, it adds motivation because you hate to undo all your hard work by overeating, but it's also that much less time you have to sit in front of the TV and eat.....
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Honestly, I think it's easier to stay on track when you add in exercise. First of all, it adds motivation because you hate to undo all your hard work by overeating, but it's also that much less time you have to sit in front of the TV and eat.....

Plus, it gives you some more calories to eat ... I didn't exercise today and I'm kinda hungry ... but I have a snack planned so hopefully that will last.

Just start exercising moderately ... it will help, I think...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

I'm in agreement....seems to work best for me to do both ....I get out there and keep on keeping on with the workouts even if something gets screwy with my food....I still keep going to the gym...no matter what..... Then the food all falls back into place:drinker: How it works for me anyway:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.