Buying an elliptical for at home...

Options
Hello!

I was thinking of buying a cross trainer/elliptical to use at home as when i gym its basically the only machine i consistently use and enjoy using. When i move for a new job i will be about a half hour bus away from the closest gym i can afford. I was thinking of just buying an elliptical because i am more likely to use it, after spending 45mins to and from work every day i am not likely to get back on a bus to get to the gym.
Does anyone have any recommendations of brand or just any general advice?

Thank you in advance

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Check craigslist.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I wish I could help but I dont get much from the elliptical
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I normally look at the different machines that Im interested in then Google on its reviews. Personally I look at warranty and the motor size (treadmills). Im a runner so i look at versatility and how sturdy a machine is
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i bought one a little while back (may) it's a v fit and its crosstrainer and bike in one and is bloody great!
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I actually have one for sale, bought it 6 months ago for £300 and its fantastic. However I am moving house and am going to have no where to put it. Let me know if you are at all interested.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical. I looked at buying one in the past (our apartment is tiny now though), and read that you should definitely try out any before you buy. You might try out ones at different gyms (one time pass, maybe) or at a fitness machine store?... then you can shop around online to find that one for cheaper. Good Luck!
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @Cookiegem - most definately but what is it and where are you!?
  • CookieGem
    Options
    Im in York so not too far away. I have advertised on York gumtree, am i allowed to post a link on here to it?
  • CookieGem
    Options
    Emailed you the link, just let me know if you are interested :o)
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I would say go used because so many people have exercise equipment sitting around their house that is being use to hang laundry on!!