Cup of tea when your hungry?

Options
Hi

Does anyone else do this, when I'm at my desk and I'm feeling peckish, do you have a cup of tea?

It makes me feel fuller, stops me snacking and as i have to wait ages for it to cool down so its drinkable kills some time :)

it seems to work for me and just thought i'd see if i was the only one :drinker:

Replies

• oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i do this every day, total tea addict, and since ive stopped putting sugar in it, its only the milk cals that i need to worry about :flowerforyou:
  • anberlingasm
    anberlingasm Posts: 177
    Options
    I think any kind of fluids can do that. Often, your brain confuses thirst for hunger and you think you need to eat something when really, all you need is a drink. If I know I've had enough to eat, I like to drink a glass of water and wait a while to see if the 'hunger' goes away. If it doesn't, I really was hungry and I eat something but more often than not, I'm just dehydrated.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it helps but at other times it has me running to the biscuit tin!!! I actually find miso soup (which is hardly any calories) seems more satisfying. Maybe it's because it's savoury?
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - mine is either a green tea or a peppermint tea - so zero cals too!!
    And if the sugar cravings come mid afternoon a Coke Zero hits the spot most of the time!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it helps but at other times it has me running to the biscuit tin!!! I actually find miso soup (which is hardly any calories) seems more satisfying. Maybe it's because it's savoury?

I used to do Miso Soup - but dang - that sodium bomb makes me run a mile from it now......
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I love tea. Usually have at least 2 cups a day. No sugar or milk, so no worries :)
  • midnightsukie
    midnightsukie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've just managed to cut back on my sugar. i use to have two in each cup! and for ages i refused to change but now have sweetner :)

I love a cup of tea, and it really seems to help with my cravings. unless when i go to make one in the office kitchen and theres biscuits there, then its a disaster :)
  • cuddlyjumper
    Options
    Tea solves everything! I use a splenda and milk, I used to use sugar until switching, and I did that because I didn't want to give up tea! Being in the States you can only get proper biscuits from specialty stores so I don't always have them to tempt me, when I do I stick them in the freezer both to keep them fresh and to keep me from eating them anytime I want :)