Positive Re-inforcement / Winter Tops (all for $39.16!)

Options
I love Goodwill stores.

When I was getting dressed this morning, I noticed that I was about to reach for the same top I wore just a couple of days ago (fresh from last night's laundry, though). I decided to pick up a "couple" of things at Goodwill today.

Well, I got
- another purple T so I don't have the exact same "uniform" at every Husky game this year (go Dawgs) - Merona, size XL
- a striped T (to go with my several pairs of brown pants/jeans which caused me to be looking at the same top again this morning) - White Stag, size XL
- a basic black T (for exercise or under stuff) - Mossimo, size XL
- a blue-green Merino wool sweater - Eddie Bauer, size XL
- a red light-weight cable knit sweater - Gitano, size XL
- a brown heavy-weight cable knit sweater - Karen Scott, size L
- a white-with-black-accents button town sweater - Jones New York, size XL

As we all know, sizes vary wildly by manufacturer, so the Large cable-knit sweater fits now, but the XL button-down sweater requires me to lose another inch or so. Whatever! I started this journey to a healthier life style wearing some extra-tight fitting 2Xs and many 3Xs. The 3Xs are already at Goodwill and the 2Xs are going to be removed from the closet and given to Goodwill!!!

Replies

• gnu1971
    gnu1971 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Goodwill stores.

When I was getting dressed this morning, I noticed that I was about to reach for the same top I wore just a couple of days ago (fresh from last night's laundry, though). I decided to pick up a "couple" of things at Goodwill today.

Well, I got
    - another purple T so I don't have the exact same "uniform" at every Husky game this year (go Dawgs) - Merona, size XL
    - a striped T (to go with my several pairs of brown pants/jeans which caused me to be looking at the same top again this morning) - White Stag, size XL
    - a basic black T (for exercise or under stuff) - Mossimo, size XL
    - a blue-green Merino wool sweater - Eddie Bauer, size XL
    - a red light-weight cable knit sweater - Gitano, size XL
    - a brown heavy-weight cable knit sweater - Karen Scott, size L
    - a white-with-black-accents button town sweater - Jones New York, size XL

As we all know, sizes vary wildly by manufacturer, so the Large cable-knit sweater fits now, but the XL button-down sweater requires me to lose another inch or so. Whatever! I started this journey to a healthier life style wearing some extra-tight fitting 2Xs and many 3Xs. The 3Xs are already at Goodwill and the 2Xs are going to be removed from the closet and given to Goodwill!!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    Yay!
    I was browsing through clothes at Target today while my husband was trying on some pants.
    I am a size smaller then the last time I bought stuff, and even then, It was a little big, but not big enough to go another notch down.

Its nice to not have to pretend I hate clothes anymore :p
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!

I'm a medium in shirts (curse you broad shoulders) but still wear my XL's.:blushing:

Good thing you can't do that with pants or I'd look like a weirdo.:embarassed:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i am with you. it would take so much money to replace the clothes if we went from a 3X down to 8-10-12s. i have bags of too big clothes waiting for a spring yard sale. now my jeans are getting to big. i just put another pair in my sale pile. the legs were just tooo big. DH is telling me "you come out of the bedroom with something that is too big with a big smile on your face." yea, cause i am not wearing it anymore.
    good luck and enjoy your new finds......
    chipper