I need an eating plan

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to this community and was wondering if anyone has an eating plan I can follow. I need to eat 1200 calories per day.

Also when I excersise to I need to then eat more or do I still eat no more than the 1200 calories?

Only started on Sunday and not sure it all works yet.:huh:

Replies

• Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Definetly eat your 1200 per day. To start, in addition to your 1200, eat back half of your exercise calories and see how your body reacts. Some people do eat them and some dont. My body doesn't like the exercise calories so I do not eat them, just my 1200.
    It will take a few weeks to figure it out. Plus, It is CRUCIAL for weight loss that you drink your water every day. I know it sounds cliche', but it does work!
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Thank you, I just need to do this!
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Seach for undressed skeleton on tumblr ... the girl on it has lost a huge amount of weight and posts her meal plans for days along with recipes for meals and snacks. each day is usually about 1000 calories a day to leave room for unplanned snacks :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    In terms of eating plans, you know best what sort of things you like to eat.

I'd split your 1200 calories into 4 lots of 300, and aim to take in 300 cals at breakfats, lunch and dinner, with the rest for snacks.

Breakfast could be scrambled egg, toast with peanut butter, or yoghurt with nuts or fruit. Tyr to include some protein.

Lunch could be soup or a salad.

Dinner, lean grilled meat such as chicken or tuna, with a large protion of veg.

Snack on cheese, nuts, fruit, hard boiled egg.
  • ambergirl327
    Options
    Moderation! I am on a 1200 calorie diet as well and I find it hard to stick to it when I exercise. I like to eat low calorie foods that stick with you. I will add peanut butter to my apples when I am feeling really hungry. I have tried appetite suppressants but all they do is set you up for failure, they don't actually train you to eat in healthy moderation. If you are having a really hard time staying within your calories requirements try pre-portioned meals. You can go the lean cuisine or healthy choice way, or you can do it yourself with some good storage containers and freezer bags. Take a day each week to plan your main meals make them ahead of time or prep them that way you know not only what you are going to eat but how much you are going to eat. Having everything planned out is a big help. Best of luck on your journey and don't get discouraged by set backs, all they do is show us that there is another way to achieve our goals!
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! What a friendly bunch you all are. Thank you for the support.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Planning and portion control are key. Writing down what you eat is a huge part of this.

We are here for you!
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's also a really good idea to log all your food and exercise - logging your food shows you how many calories you're currently eating and teaches you over time what food you already eat that's really bad and you need to cut down in, and what is value for money (or value for calories, rather ;o) Logging your exercise shows you how many calories you've burnt that day and therefore how many more you can afford to eat. And it offsets it for you at the bottom of the food diary so you don't need to factor it in manually.

If you're exercising, I would say you should up your calorie intake at least a bit otherwise you'll probably feel starving and will be tempted to binge (though this isn't true for everyone).

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Seach for undressed skeleton on tumblr ... the girl on it has lost a huge amount of weight and posts her meal plans for days along with recipes for meals and snacks. each day is usually about 1000 calories a day to leave room for unplanned snacks :)

Wow...she almost looks to thin.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Never even heard of TUMBLR. Very encouraging young woman. I found some great recipe ideas on there! Highly recommend the site!